Sign in to follow this  
Sora

Today is a sad day for Collectoons

5 hours ago, Kuroyukihime said:

Seems like I haven't logged in for months and just noticed this.

It was fun at Collectoons and sad to read this :( Wish we could meet again sometime.

Check with Xavi, we're over at the Discord server to stay in touch. ^_^

7 hours ago, Kuroyukihime said:

Seems like I haven't logged in for months and just noticed this.

It was fun at Collectoons and sad to read this :( Wish we could meet again sometime.

Very long time no see. 

Perhaps one day in the distant never. Though some are grouped on discord. Best wishes in life Yuki 

I am vegeta22. I have been playing since 2016. I love collecting Alice toon from Alice in wonderland. Relpunzo has over 125 copies because of me. I love ctoons so much. Mainly because during a live trade you can do a quick switch because ctoons live trading had glitches. Hold tab, ctrl, arrow keys and you could pick the rarest toons from other people's sets. It was everything I expected from ctoons. We interacted with other players. The competition was there. Collectoons had a vast amount of sets to collect which was way more than ctoons. I will miss both ctoons and collectoons. Thank you community for this. I hate you community for ending this. P.S will a private server save collectoons the same way it saved endless online that's another online game?

32 minutes ago, Vegeta22 said:

I am vegeta22. I have been playing since 2016. I love collecting Alice toon from Alice in wonderland. Relpunzo has over 125 copies because of me. I love ctoons so much. Mainly because during a live trade you can do a quick switch because ctoons live trading had glitches. Hold tab, ctrl, arrow keys and you could pick the rarest toons from other people's sets. It was everything I expected from ctoons. We interacted with other players. The competition was there. Collectoons had a vast amount of sets to collect which was way more than ctoons. I will miss both ctoons and collectoons. Thank you community for this. I hate you community for ending this. P.S will a private server save collectoons the same way it saved endless online that's another online game?

Not that I know of. 

Dang, I'm sad I didn't get to log in on the last day at least. Hopefully you will all keep the good memories of this game. Reminds me of when Cartoon Orbit shut down as well.

I see Toonerific is closing too. Might we have permission to copy & repost the articles on another site?

CT stayed online longer than The Beatles were a group. We had 11+ years on this site. I'm surprised that the forums are still running.

@RollingStoned I am surprised about the forums also..i have been wondering when the last day for reading or posting here would be..if anyone even knew/

4 hours ago, RollingStoned said:

CT stayed online longer than The Beatles were a group. We had 11+ years on this site. I'm surprised that the forums are still running.

Assuming it costs vastly less to run forums, but Toon prob just has it paid off at a different time of year 

It will be a surprise!! :o :cookie:

this is what toon had posted. So looks like march

"The auto-renew for the forums has been turned off, but it was paid up until March of next year since it is on a 6 month cycle. So they won't be going anywhere until then. That being said, after March I dont know if the forums become unusable, or if I just dont get updates & upgrades and they are still functioning indefinitely. The only thing I know will truly shutdown is the flash server, which runs Smackdown and Card Clash. They need that server to run. The arcade will still be fine, since they are standalone games and are housed on the main server."

Some Forums are free now and days so just transfer this to a fre one and bam it stays up.

4 hours ago, xaviersxmen said:

Some Forums are free now and days so just transfer this to a fre one and bam it stays up.

For what reason though? We have discord. Why have a forum for a game that is no more..

To keep the content archived, so someone could look back & see what it was about.

Besides, not everyone uses Discord, FaceBook, etc.

5 hours ago, Pacman000 said:

To keep the content archived, so someone could look back & see what it was about.

Besides, not everyone uses Discord, FaceBook, etc.

Who would be looking the internet for what a game was about that doesn’t exist anymore? 

Discord is a free thing that everyone can use... so would be your own fault if you didn’t want to partake there 

38 minutes ago, Sora said:

Who would be looking the internet for what a game was about that doesn’t exist anymore? 

Discord is a free thing that everyone can use... so would be your own fault if you didn’t want to partake there 

People still search for Cartoon Orbit and there was the whole archive project im pretty sure Czone Central still exists out there

54 minutes ago, Moana of Motunui said:

People still search for Cartoon Orbit and there was the whole archive project im pretty sure Czone Central still exists out there

I am still failing to seeing the point to any of that. Or this staying...

But most likely this will disappear once Toons "lease" is up on it

The BBC didn't see the point of keeping old tapes of Doctor Who; Metromedia didn't see the point of keeping kinescopes of DuMont programs.

You can't know what the future will want till the future arives. Archiving is easy today; if you can move the forums to a free host there's no real reason not to. It would show respect to the people who've contributed over a period of 11 years.

Honestly that's cool and all but actually saving this all would be up to toon. Hed have to move it. And the man hasnt logged in here to reply to anyone in well over a month....sooo.....yeah

What she said. Doesn’t matter to me either way, just personally don’t see the point. But yes toon would be the one doing it all 

Heck @Xavianangel and myself haven’t even been sent any sort of message thanking us for all of our years here. So I wouldn’t hold my breathe guys 

I am a little bit late, but I still liked to check in from time to time and try buy a few plqs. Really sad to see collectoons go and wanted to stop in and say thank you for all the hard work you guys did.