Sign in to follow this  
Sora

Today is a sad day for Collectoons

@Masoonite We have thought about basically all of the things you stated. But as far as a “kick start”. We as a team would just hate to see 1000’s of more dollars go down the drain and not advance anything other than prolonging the end. 

We basically came to the conclusion that Toon would have to “front”money for a revamp and have a dev do substantial work and hopefully have that result in an influx of players as well as steady donations. We don’t and never want the load of upkeep to be placed on only a few players. If we had everyone currently playing donate $5 a month we could easily keep the site up forever, probably get improvements too. But that hasn’t been the case. Donations are limited to the same members for the most part and the “regulars” aren’t enough to sustain let alone improve.

Hmm... Well. It's been around 5 and a half years. I spent a lot of time on here in the earlier years of that and slowly wanned off in probably 2017. I was a member of the graphics team shortly and have had my images put on here, so that's enough of a footprint I suppose. But it definitely will never change all the incredible people I was able to meet. I've lost contact with some since, I'm in contact with some today. So if I can remember you, here we go. @dewdrop @BrotherNero @Porkman @tankdog17 @Bunny21 @Strowman @hesher@thelastsith @Marvelfanyou 9 were especially important to me, in many ways. Hell, we even ran an election together! Dew, best of luck in life to you. Nero, Hesher, strowman, and pork, though you've been gone awhile, if you manage to see this, you guys were awesome. Absolutely based and knowledgeable. Bun, tank and marv, I see y'all everyday so y'all aint need no goodbyes from me. Lookin for the sympy votes, no sympy! Sith, you got a busy life and i hope it's settled down over time. Best movie opinions to contrast mine. Y'all are great, much love. 

As for the rest... Ah let's see we got @Prebs @sciencefriction @Sharktibolt @Coolguy punz whatever your new @ is, youre in there. Aw hell I don't know. I ain't been on here in awhile. You already know my opinions on you if you know me, good or bad. See ya around, 2020 is upon us.

I FORGOT ZMAN. @Zman21 it has been so dang long, brother. But you truly were one of the best people I've had the pleasure of meeting anywhere. Thank you. 

Oh, hi.... remember me? so I would be one of the old members mentioned that made insults.

Well Anyways, since twisting and distorting truth seems to be the current trend, I’ll embody some class and instead of digging up old verifiable dirt (despite your time trickery) I’ll opt to take the higher road here and embody some class.

So thank you for the people who have made my time on here memorable. I have made some strong friends and for that I’m pleased. 

@BROKEN raven123 you! My man I love you! And your gf too! One of the best new users that joined this site and glad that we are as close as we are.

@Marvelfan You’re my brotha from anotha motha. I have been through so much with you and you have been there through it all with me as I’ve vented, complained, and been at my worst. Couldn’t have asked for anyone better ♥️ Love ya marvy! 

@tankdog17 One of the most brilliant and talented OG players on here. Still defend you bud and am glad we’re as close as we are aswell. Loyalty! 

Punz - I’m sorry, when I first met you I didn’t know what to make of you. You kind of scared me at first, but overtime I actually begun to kind of like you. Regardless, I’m sorry for my initial judgment of you

@Coolguy Thanks for being awesome! Even if there were things we disagreed with we were still able to be with each other. And that’s how it should have been. My fellow pirate Yargh! 

@Masoonite Ducky! We almost did it well keyword is almost. But thanks for being an epic person through and through. Disappointed I didn’t get a chance to hear any new music covers from you tho. 

Tails - To be honest, I disliked how you’d get really petty about me trying to get more Original content in game when I was a GFX member. But regardless, I get that you had your own likes and dislikes. Regardless, you helped me figure out what to go after so that my account was of something of value instead of just senselessly buying things. (even tho we didn’t see eye to eye in the end) thanks for “showing me the ropes” on her

@thelastsith You were cool! Wish I’d have gotten to know you more but glad for the time that I did

@dewdrop Dew! Well we kind of fell out of contact for a bit off and on. But Sorry for teasing you about the whole Starmage incident, didn’t realize it had bothered you and I was just poking fun at the time. But I get how it bothered you, so I’m sorry for that. 

Zero - You’re Incredible. Simply put. So grateful for the time that we knew each other still my invitation stands, If you’re ever in the arena... let’s get lunch, my treat ️ 

@randaaroo Thank you for being there for me when no one else was. Up until the end, it annoyed me that you’d believe “them” and let “them” get into your head with lies and paranoia about me. Regardless, I know your human so I forgive you. Just trust in me a little more in the future okay? I’m not a backstabber (contrary to what others may have you believe) 

@LovingGoddess Cassie you’ve been a huge influence on me here. Thank you for being there for me during turbulent times in the past. Also thank you for being patient with me when I let my emotions get the better of me or I’d get too explicit with some of my jok

@Jazzy I just noticed your emoji on here is potat Ariel! brilliant! Thanks for being a total gem to me on here. 

I feel like im missing a couple people, but if I am you know who you are and that I appreciated you. and who you aren’t. It’s been an interesting ride, thanks for the memories. 

12 hours ago, Masoonite said:

I've been trying to wrap my head about this and what I want to say regarding the matter. I'm sad, angry, disappointed, but certainly not surprised. 

I'd like to focus on why I'm upset more than anything, and I'd like to do so respectfully but also honestly. Keep in mind while I say what it is I would like to say that it is ok for people to have opinions that aren't either popular nor nice. This can be forgotten on this site because our community is so small that everyone knows each other and can take any disagreement personally. Anyways, with all that said...

Toon  (@The Grand Poobah) wasn't fair to us. He wasn't fair to the players who dedicated their interest, involvement, countless hours, and tens to hundreds to even over one thousand dollars. He also wasn't fair to his staff who put in SO much work and did everything that they could to make the player base happy and keep the site running as long as it could. Both of whom loved this game. 

I say that because CT was never really given the chance to succeed in a way that could keep it running for many years. There was never any long term plan for the site or vision to make it bigger than it was, the goal was always short term looking at getting through the next couple of months.This is why CT failed. Sure, members were fine with the size of the player base and enjoyed the small community we had, but the idea that these individuals could sustain the site long term could never work. Players grow up, and they can't dedicate the same time, energy, and resources as they might have in the past. This became evident early on but was never combatted, and here we are now.

I remember being a mod at the time that the site had its most resources. We were making around or above the 100% of the donation goal meter for quite a few months. The staff was so excited because we thought we could use that money to improve the site. We came up with ideas of where to use the money (new/improved layout of the site, major big fixing, new games for the arcade, etc.), but we were shut down and told that at the time Toon couldn't provide any improvements because he was busy irl and that money wasn't going to be available like we thought. I won't go into the full conversation, but I will mention that the staff at the time were rallying against Toon because he was so uninvolved during the time that the site was booming the most. We were promised that in a few months Toon would dedicate more time and energy towards the site, and I cannot say that ever happened. I also cannot say that any of the money we were told was being put aside for the site was ever used towards improvements either. We're here over 3 years later from when that conversation happened and the site looks the same and is still dealing with the same issues.

Now, before going on I do want to say that while it sounds like I'm trying to "expose Toon", that isn't the purpose of this post. I am speaking from a place of hurt and disappointment, and I'm sure that not all of my complaints are justified because I don't know all of Toon's side. I respect Toon and am glad he created this site in the first place. He showed flashes of great leadership and I never thought anything much of the money being held because I know that Toon has put in a ton of his own money into the site and didn't mind him re-cooping whatever he needed from donations. He's had plenty to stress over but has never cracked under that pressure and has always been respectful to myself and others even when times got tough. However, I do think it is important for the community to know that this site could have been something if he would have been more involved.

With that said, I make this post as a call to action. I want to mention that I say "we weren't given a chance" because we weren't given a chance to rally up the donations to keep the site going. Let's talk about the last few monthly donation contests. They've been awful and not well received at all. I think it isn't too late open donations back up, pull together as a community and keep the site alive. We can start with the short term goal of a couple thousand to keep us afloat a couple of months and then work during that time to really make changes and pull together some new members. This community is incredible, and I've seen it shine time and time again. I think we can make it happen. Let's go balls out. This isn't the time to be modest about things, let's throw out every incentive we can to get those donations. I'm talking DBZ, I'm talking Pokemon, I'm talking everything that we love as well as Chaos Rares and fanart or WHATEVER. Let's not go out without putting our best foot forward to not only TRY to get the donations, but also just fill the site with toons the community would LOVE so that way if we fail and we do go out, we at least go out with a bang! 

I completely understand if the staff is ready to move on and let it go, but if you're willing then I'm also willing to help in any way. Let's have some fun with the time we have left and not hold anything back, we might even turn this place around in the process. Thanks for reading! :) 

I somehow missed your post. You are so entirely correct that it's scary. You, I, and many others at different points have really wanted to make change. This has not happened due to many reasons, at the fault of others and ourselves. The problem with collectoons has always been a me over we. Something not unheard of in most facets of life. And as you pointed out, at different points of modship, nobody has really been given much opportunity to create better ways of increasing traffic. With all that said, you were also one of my favorites mas00n, I'll miss ya

i found CT in the start of 2009. i had just graduated high school .i wont get into the rough  years of CT i will  just tell you of how i felt about my time on CT . i have always loved CT Because of some of the people and because of my Love for smack down . MY love for smack down made me addicted to CT because i felt i had a obligation to help players get the morphs they wanted and to accomplish goals i set out to accomplish.  i enjoyed helping so many get the morphs they wanted over the years . 

smack down became a job for me . i would start at 7am in the morning and wouldn't be done till 11 or 12 am and sometimes later . my SD partners were @FUTURAMA GUY, @randaaroo, @DC_, @pokeman , @dragonwolf , @Moana of Motunui , @amaris , @Professor Lewis@Paul , @Tooner58and so many others . 

@Gamascottie helping him get a full complete set of yu gi oh morphs .

@Ssoldier helped him get almost complete set of yu gi oh morphs 

@Moana of Motunui helping you get the ninja turtle morphs so many years ago 

@Blossom helping you get so many morphs over the years mostly pokemon

@Josh123 making you so many different anime morphs 

@Sora making you so many different morphs boss over the years , pokemon ,dbz and others .

and so many other members i made morphs for  over the years of CT.

@Moana of Motunui one of my earliest friends on CT we had so many conversations about sports ,movies and i will remember always getting you that scooby AO 

@RollingStoned you helped me with alot of the Dexter toons and you were always awesome to chat with. 

@Hokey talking with you was always a bunch of laughs 

@FUTURAMA GUY SDing with you is what i will always remember from CT we played non stop 

@Ike you helped me with some life stuff and i always enjoyed talking movies with you along with sports

@Ssoldier you always believed that i could be anything i wanted on CT and that my will to SD would helpe get me anything i wanted . 

@dragonwolf you helped me still be able to SD when everyone eles was abandoning  smack down and you became a very close friend . 

@Josh123 you helped me start my Pokemon collection and always believed i could accomplish anything i wanted on CT . a close friend 

@Blossom and @Sora i always enjoyed making morphs for you both the most . you both helped me with points and allowed me to get more of the pokemon toons i was chasing after . and sora  you provided the yu gi oh toons i was missing to help me finish the complete set .

@Tooner58 you became one of my closest friends and you always told me to keep reaching my goals in game and in life . 

@Paul you gave me the nickname the The beast and i will always remember that .

@Xavianangel  i always felt you helped me with so many things in game and in life . we didn't see eye to eye but it came a beautiful friendship.  i  will always admired your hard work and dedication to CT . 

Someone once said  do i only want to be remembered for smack down years ago and i thought to myself its not such a bad thing really . i embraced it and went on to play nearly 60,000 matches and win over 30,000 times .  17 top 5s and 12 first place finishes and i end my smack down career with 7 first place finishes in a row . went  on to become hall of fame of smack down and got a OOAK for my years of service in smack down .i made over 1,000 morphs and  i made smack down my own monopoly. 

@Masoonite while I like the gist of your post, I think the main problem is that CT caters to a niche interest and doesn't seem to have been advertised very well.  I found this site via a link on the Wikipedia article for Cartoon Orbit, but I've never seen it mentioned anywhere else.  I also admit, however, that I don't know exactly how one advertises websites except through SEO, which is a whole discipline unto itself. 

By "niche interest" I mean that I can't quite think of how to describe this game; it's touted as a collectible card game but (outside of Card Clash and Smackdown, which involve very small subsets of the card database) it doesn't have the competitive aspect most people think of when they think of CCGs.  It fits the loosest definition of the term - you collect items, trade with other players, and there are gameplay elements in how those items are acquired - but I think that if people are signing up for a trading card game they expect to be able to do something with the toons they collect.  I don't say any of this as a condemnation, because I enjoy the game as it is - it scratches an itch to just collect things, which I find satisfying, but I'm not sure how you'd describe or market that aspect.

If we're really interested in keeping the site going we could do something like Patreon or Gofundme, which might bring in some fresh blood.  Emphasize the gameplay aspects of Card Clash and Smackdown, offer some nice incentives for supporters, maybe make a few cosmetic changes to the site to freshen it up?

Sorry, but my thoughts are extremely disjointed.  In all honesty, I'm having trouble coming to grips with this whole development.  If you haven't read @Masoonite's post on page one, please go do so. 

I have a lot I want to say, a lot of feelings I want to express.  I just can't put them down just yet. I would still really like to post like everyone else about how I joined and how much this site means to me - because it means a tremendous amount - I'm just mentally not able to gather all of the feels yet. So instead I'm gonna tag a whole buncha people and post a Guardians of the Galaxy clip, (since I don't know how to embed a clip which would have been really cool and motivational, it's the "you know what I see?  A buncha losers.  I mean, ya know, folks who have lost stuff" clip) because I don't want this site to go away.  Also, I made my donation, I encourage others to do so as well.  The little donate bar says 26% of the monthly goal.  I believe we can convince @The Grand Poobah to save the site and keep CT open. 

"Do not go gentle into that good night" 

@Sora @baywatch7 @The Villainous Rumplestiltskin @Bunny21 @ZaberFang@Josh123 @Blossom @Moana of Motunui @Tameran@Tooner58@Coolguy @dragonwolf @RubixCube @Xavianangel @xaviersxmen  @woodstock24 @mongoose @kaigeta@Boro910 @Terrie @deepcanyon1 @PhotonCyberStarr @Rlebeau1405 @Bardockjr @Numbuh 1507 @SagNoras @ChelseaOrgana21 @Josh123@BROKEN raven123 @Paul @FUTURAMA GUY @Sharktibolt@thelastsith @Jazzy @Inuyasha @XxGothsCanSmile2xX@moxie @mojofan @JusJarBo @Rella  @Gamascottie @Ike @randaaroo @DC_ @Ssoldier @JollyRodger12 @sciencefriction @captainjack @narengoku @scrmngdsy @CT_Robin

I was sitting here, trying to figure out what to say about this wonderful site..... First and foremost I love you all! I joined back in 2013 and was welcomed by so many messages! The first message that stands out to me is from @Sora. He got my Poke' Addiction started with this site, when he gave me a Growlithe toon (My favorite pokemon.) It may have not seemed like much due to it's rarity, but to me it was what got me hooked on this site. He really made me feel welcomed here
   I also was pretty addicted to this site for years... I worked and clawed my way to one of the top members on this site, won contests, got to host trivias in chat, I became CT "President" with my good friend @Josh123 as my trusty "VP" #Let'sGetDangerous. Became a member of the GFX team and helped create ome wonderful sets that we had on this site. I fought Tails to push to get Crash Bandicoot as a set on CT (We succeeded), and created a tableflipping movement (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ 

but my proudest achievement on this site was collecting the full set of Pokemon! Was such an amazing day!

I have done more work with this site, an put a lot of time in to here. I made so many great friends here!

@Xavianangel is truly one of the hearts and souls of this site. She is one of the hardest workers I got the pleasure to be friends with and work close with! If it were not for her, I would have never been on this site as long as I was. I feel you helped me through some crazy times, and I was able to help you as well. I have loved seeing your journey grow both in game and out! You're killing it right now and I am so incredibly proud of you! You are genuinely such a nice person and I am very thankful I got to know and work with you! I really hope we can stay in touch after, even wit our busy schedules! You're seriously an awesome and amazing person! 

@BTVKIDS my homie! You are such a good person, an such an easy person to talk to! We've become great friends on here and even when I had left for awhile, I still had to come on here and see how my bud was doing! I know life can be crazy and hard at times, but you're a trooper and you always keep on pushing! I'm proud of you!

@MKW19 Dude, we created a movement! What more do I have to say?! XD We are kind of big deals, right!? We got a really cool Plaque in game just for it! #TableFlippers for life! Such a good person, and I loved getting in chat and talking to you!

@ChelseaOrgana21 You're my twin! It was such a pleasure getting to know you, and seeing you grown in this site! We had seriously the best conversations in chat, and no one was more fun than us to #ChangeMyMind! With all the random stuff we would do, to the random videos we would share! (Tunak Tunak Tun) Seriously cried of laughter so much! Thank you for all you have done!

@Coolguy Happy birthday bud! I miss you and hope you are doing well with whatever you are up to these days! Our conversations were always fun!

There are so many others who were incredible on this site as many of you had already mentioned previously @Ike @Moana of Motunui @IGPXCHAMP66 @Zman21

@sciencefriction and so many others who put work in behind the scenes of this site! @mongoose we didn't talk a lot, but I respect everything you did for this site! All the sets and everything! That is a lot of determination!

@Sharktibolt with all his hard work on the updates with this forums and the contests, and the database. The dudes a true legend!

I'm sorry if I am forgetting anyone.... I am terrible at goodbyes :laughcry: (That emoji was much bigger than anticipated)

Thank you to my CT family for making not just mine, but everyone heres experience one to remember! Everyone should be proud of yourself!

Lastly thank you to our great creator @The Grand Poobahfor making this site last as long as it did! 

@Sora, so it is one of those situations I see. Well if something has gotta give, I think you guys already know which side that will be. I know you guys have your heart in the right place and feel that even though it is tough that it is the right decision, but I think if you are being transparent about the situation it should be up to the players if they want to donate or not. Now that members are aware of the situation it will for sure turn some away from donating, but it also might rally others to contribute because they now know how necessary those donations are. They also know the risk that their donations might not be enough, but at least they were given the option instead of feeling helpless like they couldn't do anything. 

@BROKEN raven123 and @Bunny21: Thank you guys for your kind words :) I was actually just looking at my followers on this forum yesterday and when I saw Raven's name was like "dang, now there's a name I haven't heard in forever. That guy was wild, but dope!" So I was pleasantly surprised to hear from you this morning! Bunny, thanks for always keeping the game interesting in a way that only you could do xd. It makes my heart warm to know you, Marv, and company are still close! Miss the late night trashy talks and while many saw you as a villain I wish they'd known all the cool ideas you had for the site and how much you wanted it to improve. 

@ZaberFang, dude you hit it right on the head! The idea that there needs to be more gameplay instead of just collecting is something I wrote a lot about in my second installment of #stateofthegame. I typed it all out except for the "implications" part. Perhaps I'll finish it if I have time tonight just so it is out there and I didn't write it all out for nothing. Glad to hear someone is thinking the same! 

13 hours ago, ChelseaOrgana21 said:

@The Grand Poobah ?? Could we save it?? Could we buy the domain?? Are there any options left??

Several people have reached out to me about buying the site and domain, and I have replied. My main concern is always...don't spend your money on something that you don't have a feasible plan for. I had a much larger picture for this place, but I knew the limitations on what could be done in order to keep it open. Kinda sucks when you know a lot of people would have liked it, but you couldn't advertise it mainstream.

I also would prefer nobody donate, which is why I removed the link from the site. Let's say the arcade gets a revamp, and xml games can be added so we put a bunch of new stuff in there. Even using am outsourced dev, it would still cost anywhere from $500-1000 to get it done, outside of the monthly fees for servers and services. If a bunch of donations came in and we improved the arcade, what next? Donations slack off again because nothing new is getting done, I have to overextend myself for X number of months to keep it going in hopes that we have some good month(s) to help pay down the debt I incur while keeping it up, and when donations come in for some contest or something (which I use to pay off the bills I accumulated from keeping it going) people get upset it isn't being used to work on something else for the site. It's a circle I've been dealing with for the last few years. I don't want to go on and on explaining all of this. I'm split about wanting to end it and to keep it running, but I think if it stayed up, it would have to be under someone else.

2013-2017 were some of the hardest years I ever had to get through, and I couldn't give the site enough time then, but the amazing staff that were here kept it going. Sadly, when I got through that period and came back, I could tell a lot of the spark was gone. Maybe one of the people showing interest in the site has the financial wherewithal to improve the site and find a way to make it attractive to the new generation - a mobile app, cworld redesign, more interactivity. I really don't know how to express how grateful I am to everyone for wanting to play this silly little game for so long. I don't know if I ever thought it would last this long. I can't really say I made a lot of friends, as I don't usually get to close to people like I used to. But I did see a lot of greatness in some people and they've earned my respect for the person I've watched them become. Don't stop dreaming, and don't fear risk or failure. It's inevitable. It will happen. But not every time.

41 minutes ago, Masoonite said:

@ZaberFang, dude you hit it right on the head! The idea that there needs to be more gameplay instead of just collecting is something I wrote a lot about in my second installment of #stateofthegame. I typed it all out except for the "implications" part. Perhaps I'll finish it if I have time tonight just so it is out there and I didn't write it all out for nothing. Glad to hear someone is thinking the same! 

Like I said, I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the game as it is - I enjoy the collection aspect on its own, have never played Card Clash and while Smackdown is fun it's not a major draw for me.  But I think that it's easiest to bill CT as a TCG, that the site would benefit most from an infusion of new players, and that to draw those players the competition aspects would need to be played up and brought more to the forefront.  I don't think it's realistic to overhaul the site completely in order to make it something it's not, but tweaking some things to focus a little more on CC/Smackdown for promotional purposes, while retaining the pure collection aspect for people like me who enjoy it, might be a little more within reach.

This is all strictly in the land of hypotheticals at this point, since Grand Poobah has made his wishes clear in this regard, unless there's someone who's genuinely willing and able to take over the reins. I've seen a lot of passion and desire in this thread, but whether that translates over to technological and financial competence is another matter entirely.

1 hour ago, Masoonite said:

@Bunny21: Thank you guys for your kind words :) I was actually just looking at my followers on this forum yesterday and when I saw Raven's name was like "dang, now there's a name I haven't heard in forever. That guy was wild, but dope!" So I was pleasantly surprised to hear from you this morning! Bunny, thanks for always keeping the game interesting in a way that only you could do xd. It makes my heart warm to know you, Marv, and company are still close! Miss the late night trashy talks and while many saw you as a villain I wish they'd known all the cool ideas you had for the site and how much you wanted it to improve. 

Awww. Well to be seen as a villain by the actual villains warms my spirit and reaffirms to me that I made the right decision. Mmhm, it’s a shame we didn’t get the opportunity to breath some life back into the place with any of the ideas and projects we had. Oh well. Don’t be a stranger Ducky. 

I have read everything that everyone has said..and I am still trying to process that CT will be no longer soon..and just can't process it enough to wrap my head around it enough to put my feelings of sadness and loss at the moment..I will in a day or so when I can imagine a day without CT...I joined in the beginning and stopped for a few but have been back for over 3 yrs now after the loss of my mom and son within 9 days of each other and getting so sick i almost lost my life and was in a wheelchair and weighed 90lbs and this site basically got my mind off of my illness and malnourishment enough to eventually bounce back and have my life back..i get up every morning at 4:30 and so does terrie and this is my go to place..my place that lets me relax before i jump into the real world...my escape.

I can't and don't want to think today of CT not being here..

i even logged into my old neopets site and its just not CT..hadnt been there in forever thought it would help 

will write my thoughts in a day or so for now i just need this to sink in..maybe Toon doesn't really get how much this site has helped so many people as you can tell from what people have wrote about it. And i have always donated..i am paid up until 2023 sometime..

Alright, the Eternal Genin of Collectoons is up. Did not think I would be doin this but hey, im bored. Like many of you I was looking for a random game to play around 2010 and for some reason Orbit was in my head that day. First day....banned lol. To many accounts on the same IP in an attempt to get toons or points. Oh well. Around the first week I met my now good friend and homie @Xavianangel who without knowing me gave me my first real awesome toon for free! She is a baller, and totes my best friend on here and a good friend out. Taking me to my first spanish dance club, I learned I Really suck at dancing. 

Hmm, lets see...coolest moment in game: Winning the entire Naruto set when it was just released.

Favorite toons: Shwartz Bruder, Dusk Crow Genjutsu, Battle Bunny Kallen (Mostly cuz I may be possibly responsible for Chaos or Omega rares) 

Chat was really awesome to be apart of. Always laughn in that chatroom. I remember us all meeting up to watch a live stream of RAW lol. Watchn Re:zero and other shows was just awesome with all of y’all.

Along the way I met some more cool people.

@SoraA badazz in real life im sure and a man who should be respected for his shear professional behavior and high standing among EVERYONE ONE ON THIS SITE. I wish I could have been on DB team longer only to help you out my brother.

@woodstock24 Woody, a brother whom I got to know well in the chatroom and someone who I use to talk to a lot with cuz idk our schedules line up well when I was in college.

@JazzyBeing one of the first mods on here when I joined has always been a sweetheart and someone you could count on for CT answers.

@InuyashaAnother cool dude who I, without realizing it, may have bought 90% of my cooler and rarer toons from.

@Buzzcut, @Ike, @Jwoolman1993, @MKW19, @RollingStoned, @Sharktibolt, @Incrediblehulk, @Ssoldier, @Coolguy, @TitanicForce. The staple members of this site since I joined who I have done many of trades and stuff with. Probably responsible for a lot of my in game progress here. 

@deepcanyon1By far the biggest sweetheart and kind soul in the game. I would probably give her any toon she asked for....please dont ask for anything big from my account lol. 

@Marvel, another old chat buddy who I have spent long hours of the night talking to

@Paul I swear this is my comedic twin. I have never gone back and forth with so much ease in any joke, run off funny quote, anything else that made me laugh my butt off before meeting this dude. 

@Josh123 My only brother in arms here. And even tho we have not talked much about it, which is weird, probably the only person on here who I can talk legit football with. Also, one of two people who has seen me ride a mechanical bull for what thats worth. 

@Bunny21Idk what happened or why it did but hey, you always made me laugh in chat so that means something.

If I left anyone out, my bad I can be a forgetful idiot.

I know I have never been one of the real super serious players on here and lack the knowledge of most veterans which is why I adopted the moniker of Eternal Genin. I wish I could have been of better help to everyone. 

10 minutes ago, deepcanyon1 said:

I have read everything that everyone has said..and I am still trying to process that CT will be no longer soon..and just can't process it enough to wrap my head around it enough to put my feelings of sadness and loss at the moment..I will in a day or so when I can imagine a day without CT...I joined in the beginning and stopped for a few but have been back for over 3 yrs now after the loss of my mom and son within 9 days of each other and getting so sick i almost lost my life and was in a wheelchair and weighed 90lbs and this site basically got my mind off of my illness and malnourishment enough to eventually bounce back and have my life back..i get up every morning at 4:30 and so does terrie and this is my go to place..my place that lets me relax before i jump into the real world...my escape.

I can't and don't want to think today of CT not being here..

i even logged into my old neopets site and its just not CT..hadnt been there in forever thought it would help 

will write my thoughts in a day or so for now i just need this to sink in..maybe Toon doesn't really get how much this site has helped so many people as you can tell from what people have wrote about it. And i have always donated..i am paid up until 2023 sometime..

I can remember when you joined and told everybody all of that and how much CT has helped. I am glad that it has continued to help and you have my most sincere thoughts and prayers in life, you've always been nice to every single person on this site, and are definitely an example of how things could and should be. If you need anything just PM me. 

4 hours ago, The Grand Poobah said:

Several people have reached out to me about buying the site and domain, and I have replied. My main concern is always...don't spend your money on something that you don't have a feasible plan for. I had a much larger picture for this place, but I knew the limitations on what could be done in order to keep it open. Kinda sucks when you know a lot of people would have liked it, but you couldn't advertise it mainstream.

I also would prefer nobody donate, which is why I removed the link from the site. Let's say the arcade gets a revamp, and xml games can be added so we put a bunch of new stuff in there. Even using am outsourced dev, it would still cost anywhere from $500-1000 to get it done, outside of the monthly fees for servers and services. If a bunch of donations came in and we improved the arcade, what next? Donations slack off again because nothing new is getting done, I have to overextend myself for X number of months to keep it going in hopes that we have some good month(s) to help pay down the debt I incur while keeping it up, and when donations come in for some contest or something (which I use to pay off the bills I accumulated from keeping it going) people get upset it isn't being used to work on something else for the site. It's a circle I've been dealing with for the last few years. I don't want to go on and on explaining all of this. I'm split about wanting to end it and to keep it running, but I think if it stayed up, it would have to be under someone else.

2013-2017 were some of the hardest years I ever had to get through, and I couldn't give the site enough time then, but the amazing staff that were here kept it going. Sadly, when I got through that period and came back, I could tell a lot of the spark was gone. Maybe one of the people showing interest in the site has the financial wherewithal to improve the site and find a way to make it attractive to the new generation - a mobile app, cworld redesign, more interactivity. I really don't know how to express how grateful I am to everyone for wanting to play this silly little game for so long. I don't know if I ever thought it would last this long. I can't really say I made a lot of friends, as I don't usually get to close to people like I used to. But I did see a lot of greatness in some people and they've earned my respect for the person I've watched them become. Don't stop dreaming, and don't fear risk or failure. It's inevitable. It will happen. But not every time.

I have gotten no such reply. Do the right thing and open source the code. If it's as inoperable and unworthy of our money and time as you say, then you should have no issue putting it on GitHub. If you need a repo to store it, I've got plenty.

Well, I had expected this day to come two or three years ago, and it didn't. It's a sad day for sure, as I have played this game off and on since it was still in it's Beta form. I have had many friends made through this site, and a good many of them have since parted ways.

I appreciate the post Toon made in this thread. It certainly helped to give some perspective. Many times I was in the boat of thinking that Toon was not putting the "extra" back into the game. But it's easy to think that when you don't know what all is going on in the background. During the months when donations are slacking, someone has to pay the bills. I also have not been one to donate month after month, even if I do have Premium through early 2024 lol. At the end of the day though, this site needed more than just donations. It needed advertising. I have heard from many over the years on how hard that can be do do, and going to forums and whatnot in a faithful attempt to advertise the site was usually met with being banned from said forum.

I will certainly miss Collectoons. It was a nice place to venture to while watching some shows. Play my 10 games of Mahjong and buy up any toons I may have wanted in the shops. If the site does stay around, great. If it doesn't, I wish everyone here the best of future endeavors. Stay humble, stay true, but most of all stay you. Tam out!

So I originally was opting to keep my thoughts to myself and privately on everything but a little goodbye post may not entirely be a bad thing.

Being originally begged and forced into creating an account so someone could get "extra dupes" of an expensive toon on Christmas no less was nothing but an annoyance and a bother, but decided to join due to having a few decent friends here that I wished to stay in contact with and casually play a more thought out orbit (that didn't deal with instant sell out of toons in shops and almost no communication from the "higher ups" of the website.) After winning the lotto and getting 1.4million points in game i decided I'd at least attempt to collect some sets and see what would come from the site.

Over the years I began creating signatures for some good people (and some major annoyances that couldn't understand the aspect that I did them during my free time and for the joy of seeing people happy with no profit on my end.) At the same time was getting slowly more into the "teams" that were created for ct to ease the stress off of the overworked mod team with gfx projects that 99% of the time were declined because some mods were unwilling to take risks. After a while I was offered the position of Henchmod (can no longer remember if it was a willing or forced offer, but i seem to remember someone constantly pestering me xD) and shortly after the position of GameMod. Once I hit this position I began to see a lot of the issues that the site truly had from behind the scene. This normally ranged from certain mods only caring about their own well-being and not what the players would ultimately want. (either in the means of pushing certain sets out if they didn't have the points to properly buy everything they wanted from the set, or means of trying to mess with other players to make them broke in game for various reasons.)

Also TONS of infighting causing concerns to either go undecided or decisions being made that would harm the site greatly, which was one of the biggest downfalls to the site. If the moderators focused on improving the site and the overall happiness of the players the players would stick around,  which is something I would attempt to do at times with either big contests (with the great help of @Jazzy) or by releasing big AO's to help drain the influx of points coming into the game that would help level out the increasing cost of still images in a collection game.

Being behind the scenes also showed a lot of bias some of the old mod team had for certain players, and if you weren't liked good luck getting anything in game, which will bring me to a later shout out. This would sometimes cause witch hunts on finding any reason to ban someone just because they weren't liked. (keep in mind, the things I have stated above are from MY time on the mod team and while I did pop in from time to time after my "retirement" to give a outside opinion the later mod team was much better at keeping a level headed mind on fairness most of the time even when they were dealing with a player they disliked.)

This brings me to my next topic of the website itself and even though I've tried to explain it, it doesn't quite get through but I will state it again. From my own experience and knowledge, including the knowledge of people who are infinity more skilled than I in programming. The code of this website is so broken and fudged up that the sheer amount of time and money that would have to go into fixing it would outweigh the cost of creating a new website from scratch and I've had people look at the code that is public to see and they said they wouldn't touch it no matter how much money they were given. and while we never always saw eye to eye @The Grand Poobah and I have major issues with some of your decisions I ask that you DO NOT give out the code. Let it die, the code itself is not worth saving and the sheer number of corners that were cut by the programming team to build the website ultimately aided in it's downfall, which is no fault to you with the cost it can take to build something of this caliber.

Now this is far from a fully compiled list of people but if I listed every person I've had the pleasure or displeasure of dealing with I'd be here all night.

@Jazzy You've always been a great friend even sense the CzoneCentral days, and the biggest thing that always kicks me is that I wasn't able to see you and @kenrmcha's special day in person due to school and lack of funds, but one day we'll find some way to get all of us together! Plus we still talk at least once a week so there's that xD

@kenrmcha Dude, just Dude get Discord I miss you and want to do things that I can't discuss on a PG website ;)

@Raven I feel like even tho we only talked every once and a while and you tended to be the tie breaking vote in most conflicts and always felt like you hated me in some shape or form you're a good guy. (That goes for you too @Zero tho we talked much much more lol.)

@RollingStoned It's funny how much you came from your early days of "Scriptkiddy" fun and showing just how many loopholes there was in the code of the site and played the role of Chaotic Neutral while genuinely wanting to improve the site while having fun in your own way. (also...i saw every single "inserted image" in log ins every single one...and my eyes still burn)

Tails - Get help period. no seriously get help.

@Bunny21 While we didn't always agree on things you also genuinely tried your hardest to improve the site in your own way, and constantly would get declined for ideas that even the players said they wanted. Even if it was just "images on a screen."

@LovingGoddess It seems we've kinda distanced ourselves from each other in the past few years but you were always a great friend and someone that at one time loved this website and interacting with people on it, and I hope life is still treating you well!

@Hokey Just saying If they went with your design things could be different today.

@Xavianangel You've come a long way from the "I'm quitting cause I didn't get my way" to someone who has manged to grow as an admin and as a person that realized that the best way to run a site successfully is to break yourself completely away from temptation of the game itself and to update completely for the players and never yourself and over the last year you've poured your heart and soul into the game and now warrior, it's time to rest.

@average ct player while your name may be masked Taco, I miss ya man and I'm glad you got out when you did to start creating a life for yourself and I think about you more often then you think <3

@Marvelfan Probably been years sense we last actually talked but I'll miss our interactions in chat ;).

@woodstock24 I'd sell you my neltu's but I'm afraid I either sold them to someone else or deleted them xD <3

I'm sure I'm missing some important people but all  I can remember at this time and the beer in the fridge is looking better by the second, but i'll end it with this.

If someone truly wishes to create a new site on where CT stood you will be fighting a costly uphill and risky battle of dodging copyright and costly programming. Unless you can find people with the passion to create a website for "fun" in their spare time or someone willing to dish out thousands of dollars to a new site built from scratch there will be NO CT 2.0

this does me a big sad,someone be kind and buy the site or donate enough to keep it going until an actual plan is put into action. I said when i rejoined 'i cant believe it still looks the same they should update it and advertise to new players' idk why this hasn't been done. RIP good memories of staying up all night on the weekends in 2010 shopping for holy rares :( 

I've always felt resentment towards this game ever since I was wrongfully banned back in like 2010 or 2011. I cheated on the helicopter game in the arcade and got in trouble and promised that I wouldn't do it again. I didn't do it again and all was well until my friend thought it would be funny to tell Raven that I cheated again just to troll me. For whatever reason Raven got me banned permanently along with one of the two original Dark Magicians in the game. I had a lot of cool stuff and was having a lot of fun collecting holy rares and such. Not sure if Raven is still around but I'm glad this game is going away because it just makes me feel angry. Sorry to all who just like the game and are sad to see it go. I know my opinion is unpopular.

Sincerely,

Kuwabara

2 hours ago, Kuwabara1 said:

I've always felt resentment towards this game ever since I was wrongfully banned back in like 2010 or 2011. I cheated on the helicopter game in the arcade and got in trouble and promised that I wouldn't do it again. I didn't do it again and all was well until my friend thought it would be funny to tell Raven that I cheated again just to troll me. For whatever reason Raven got me banned permanently along with one of the two original Dark Magicians in the game. I had a lot of cool stuff and was having a lot of fun collecting holy rares and such. Not sure if Raven is still around but I'm glad this game is going away because it just makes me feel angry. Sorry to all who just like the game and are sad to see it go. I know my opinion is unpopular.

Sincerely,

Kuwabara

Sorry to hear this, I had a similar issue with him but it ended up being reversed.

Him and the original mods have been gone for like 6+ years though so I would have to say most of what you said is not relevant to the current CT or situation.

Wish you would of came back after they left and I’m certain the new team would of done whatever we could to help you out with a new collection.

Also rather odd that if the game made you angry and still harboring resentment that you all of a sudden are back now on the forums *shrug*

1 hour ago, Sora said:

Sorry to hear this, I had a similar issue with him but it ended up being reversed.

Him and the original mods have been gone for like 6+ years though so I would have to say most of what you said is not relevant to the current CT or situation.

Wish you would of came back after they left and I’m certain the new team would of done whatever we could to help you out with a new collection.

Also rather odd that if the game made you angry and still harboring resentment that you all of a sudden are back now on the forums *shrug*

Quadruplecup (poster above me) told me about it lol. Incidentally he was also the one who falsely reported me lol. We've been friends for a long time.

5 hours ago, Kuwabara1 said:

Sincerely,

Kuwabara

Yeah like sora said, old team has been gone for years. We tried to be more fair to the players. 

Ive been active on here on and off for about seven years now. Sorry to see it go. Had good times trading and collecting toons.