Sora

Today is a sad day for Collectoons

24 minutes ago, mandalorethefirst said:

Why does this site need 500+ a month to continue? Just asking, as I, like many, would be sad to see it go. But it seems like there should be a cheaper option. Collectoons survived just fine in the early days and I don't think it cost that much then but I could be wrong.

But then again, in the early days, it only had a fraction of the ctoons, features, etc. that it currently has...

1 hour ago, Sora said:

Mmmmm... Money...? :lol: If you have $500+ to give to Toon every month yourself than maybe he will consider.

If only...  Well, it was worth a shot... :(

6 hours ago, mandalorethefirst said:

Why does this site need 500+ a month to continue? Just asking, as I, like many, would be sad to see it go. But it seems like there should be a cheaper option. Collectoons survived just fine in the early days and I don't think it cost that much then but I could be wrong.

If you read prior posts I think I stated here earlier. Basically according to Toon the bare minimum of keep the site / servers/ etc running is $500 a month. Anything more could go towards bug fixes and improvements. Or would go towards the months we didn’t reach 500

13 hours ago, mandalorethefirst said:

it actually cost more back then. but as time passes, servers become cheaper as tech becomes more readily available. we've changed servers at least 3 times over the years, getting faster machines while still being able to cut costs a little bit each time. at least on the main server. still running the bare minimum on the flash server. luckily, but sadly, we never had 100s of people trying to play Smackdown or Clash at the same time. It would have choked, and needed a pricier upgrade to accommodate that many simultaneous players. And I had some outsourced devs working on things on and off more then, and of course they wanted to be paid.

I'll take a discord link as well

Well since the site is going down, is it possible to open the Time Machine to more uses? Just a thought lol. Not like I need to hoard points anymore. 

20 minutes ago, sciencefriction said:

Well since the site is going down, is it possible to open the Time Machine to more uses? Just a thought lol. Not like I need to hoard points anymore. 

I would but idk how lol 

@The Grand Poobah?

15 hours ago, Xavianangel said:

I would but idk how lol 

@The Grand Poobah?

probably hard coded. Ill have to look in to it

If the site stays up, Ill continue to make my monthly donations. I have played Collectoons since 2009 I believe and I continue to do so. Please keep the site up! Guys and Gals, what is $5 for something you love to play? Nothing!

11 hours ago, JollyRodger12 said:

If the site stays up, Ill continue to make my monthly donations. I have played Collectoons since 2009 I believe and I continue to do so. Please keep the site up! Guys and Gals, what is $5 for something you love to play? Nothing!

Donations have been taken down to avoid anyone placing money into something that is closing and I do not see it being placed back up prior to closing.