MTD_Orbit

Disrespect

What’s with the disrespectful offers lately? Chi, for example, is a billionaire. I’ve spent my hard earned money to support this game, which is how I’ve acquired most of my toons. This game is dwindling because veterans aren’t supporting it, yet they’re perfectly fine letting other players support it while they sit back on their points stack. You’d think they’d show a little more respect to those who do help maintain the game so they can continue to enjoy their in-game wealth. Lmao.... offering 34 points for something worth 200-300k, or 100k for something worth 1.5-2m are garbage offers. It’s like tipping your waiter 10 cents, just don’t even bother offering anything at all....

71B38AFF-BB2B-471C-B921-1604F5B7EE0D.png

4CD82581-F042-45F9-9A42-597148D42BD2.png

2EFCDBA8-6F6D-4008-8CD8-EA764467C377.png

73334768-4642-4DA7-B86B-9347573B3B65.png

20AB3EDF-8176-4CD9-9465-31442A0139BF.png

I wasn't being disrespectful..i was just upping your bid because i seen the one before it..trying to get others to offer you dont think i thought for a minute you would take it sometimes when people see people are bidding on something all of a sudden they need it too..sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt...and as for the offers things are just not selling on the tb..and as for living off their wealth from donating earlier..well i still donate to support the site and i have been a member since the beginning..and lately even when i do offer a real good price..they let it just drop off the boards after the days its listed..thats why i dont even bother posting on the tb anymore i just tell people i am selling everything i have more than 1 of to pm me with an offer and or i put it in my shop.

well chi and some of those others will always try to buy low and sell higher down the line . since thats really the name of the game . i mean its what the stock market is all about and really its how alot of the old timers view this game . i mean personal if you dont want to sell to them then you dont have too. 

and for chi hes always been a huge jerk this whole time playing this game . all the years hes been around . hes does that to either be funny like it being a joke offer for laughs or usully again hes like the others always gonna try to make a huge profit for when buying something from somone eles for lesser . 

again all of it comes down to how a lot of the older players play this game . its all about buying low and selling for much more down the road when say new players want them or when there is a market more for them . and another thing about this game is dont get all streesed out really from it just cancle the offer and move forward . 

The game boils down to supply and demand.

On top of that some things when they first come out are too "new" to get a real feel of what it will go for so players offer up and then see if others counter and then decide if they want to go higher, etc. Same goes for things that aren't traded as often as other things.

Which is why most players will put up an auto or a range like you have.

But if you don't get offers in the range listed just cancel and move on. Some players make joke offers like Cube stated.

Others might try to see how bad you need points and see if they can get it for lower (maybe the seller needs points quick for another purchase). And others like I said the toons are just too new or not traded often so players might be throwing out an offer to see if it is a good one or if another player counters them with something higher.

also i feel you might get lower offers from new players because there new to the game . i have been playing this game off and on for years and i have seen plent of new players offering much lower than things are worth not because there trying to get it lower but for simply not knowing much about rarties or prices because there new . always take that into consideration .  

also i agree with sora above . 

also when it comes to donations shouldnt really bring that up . i mean tons of old vets used to donate huge chunks of money ones like chi and so many others . but it comes to apoint you get so rich in points and accumlating from arcade and selling toons that you dont need to make big donations as much anymore. its why we always need new players to come into the game and contiue to take up right were they left off . 

I mean just because someone has a ton of points doesn’t mean they can’t low ball or go for a good deal. Less than 100 points is obviously way to low but those just seem like clownin offers that weren’t really meant for buying your stuff. Honestly if I were to see those offers I’d have myself a good chuckle and move on with life. Don’t take it too hard man 

i mean tbh you can't really say vets aren't donating cause no one but mods can see who donates, so please don't make a blanket statement about vet players when I can honestly say that it is mostly vet players that donate and the occasional new person.

as far as the offers, troll offers happen all the time. just need to ignore it. and if it's not a troll offer but you think it's too low, just decline it. you dont need to pay attention to it, nor do you need to give them the time of day.

Orrrr, if you feel like they are attacking you directly, just pm a mod about it. or go to the report center on forums. blasting it here isn't gonna do anything tbh, especially when the rest of the community is used to this sort of trolling.

It's probably a troll offer. Some people do that out of humor or just plain messing around. Either laugh it off or just cancel it honestly. Others if their price is low like lets say 50k for something worth 1mil, it's either because that's all they have to offer or they don't have an idea on the value of certain toons, so they toss a price out and see where it lands them. Not everyone that offers (seriously) always know the value of a toon put up on board. It's kinda hard to gauge things out in Auctions sometimes since people do usually wait til timer runs <1min before bidding it up too so the actual prices of things are sometimes hard to find there also.

At least imo.

I stand by my original statement. Those offers are bad offers. Get off your high horse about only mods can see donations lmao.. I don’t need to see who donates to know this game is being grossly undersupported. And it makes total sense that most donators are veterans since hardly any new people even come to this game, nonetheless donate to it. What’s funny to me is that everyone wants to play, but hardly anyone wants to support the game... but once it’s gone everyone will wish they’d supported it. As a newer player, the only way I can excel in this game is via donations/prizes/referrals, etc. I’m not saying bow down and worship me because I donate 20$ per month.. but the offers listed above don’t exactly motivate me, which is my point; you’d think vets like Chi would be more appreciative and supportive since he has billions riding on whether the game survives or not. Tbh I’ll never seek approval from anyone here and don’t care what anyone thinks of me. :) I know I’m a good man, and that’s good enough. If you’re my friend I’ll have your back until the end. But I’m also brutally honest, so if you aren’t comfortable in getting called out then don’t send bogus offers my way. :lol::lol:

You can also use many helpful topics to aid in becoming a successful player.

6 hours ago, MTD_Orbit said:

I stand by my original statement. Those offers are bad offers. Get off your high horse about only mods can see donations lmao.. I don’t need to see who donates to know this game is being grossly undersupported. And it makes total sense that most donators are veterans since hardly any new people even come to this game, nonetheless donate to it. What’s funny to me is that everyone wants to play, but hardly anyone wants to support the game... but once it’s gone everyone will wish they’d supported it. As a newer player, the only way I can excel in this game is via donations/prizes/referrals, etc. I’m not saying bow down and worship me because I donate 20$ per month.. but the offers listed above don’t exactly motivate me, which is my point; you’d think vets like Chi would be more appreciative and supportive since he has billions riding on whether the game survives or not. Tbh I’ll never seek approval from anyone here and don’t care what anyone thinks of me. :) I know I’m a good man, and that’s good enough. If you’re my friend I’ll have your back until the end. But I’m also brutally honest, so if you aren’t comfortable in getting called out then don’t send bogus offers my way. :lol::lol:

Why did you post here if you’re just going to ignore everyone’s opinions and reiterate your point lol. Try listening to what people have to say when answering your question and grow from it

The billionaires have control of everything without the need to be in power. Billionaires lobby the ones in power to gain an unfair advantage so that they can stay the wealthiest in the game while the poorest ones stay poor and the rich get richer.

Oh, wait, we're talking about the CT economy, not the U.S. one. Or are we?

On 8/4/2019 at 9:58 AM, RollingStoned said:

The billionaires have control of everything without the need to be in power. Billionaires lobby the ones in power to gain an unfair advantage so that they can stay the wealthiest in the game while the poorest ones stay poor and the rich get richer.

Oh, wait, we're talking about the CT economy, not the U.S. one. Or are we?

The same economic principles exist since there is a means to generate an income, a way to spend it on goods that range from abundant to rare, and the means to inflate value due to the ability to hoard and create further scarcity. CT is an example of what happened to the US and many other wealthy countries, but we did it faster ;)

On 8/3/2019 at 3:16 PM, MTD_Orbit said:

if you read above . most people would tell you thats just joke offers and the other ones are people just not knowing what the things are worth .  then again you dont care whats the point of this post . 

11 hours ago, The Grand Poobah said:

The same economic principles exist since there is a means to generate an income, a way to spend it on goods that range from abundant to rare, and the means to inflate value due to the ability to hoard and create further scarcity. CT is an example of what happened to the US and many other wealthy countries, but we did it faster ;)

And we did it all without loans or credit cards! :D

Wow, that ain’t disrespect. That’s called a joke offer lol Laugh at it, don’t take it personally.

On 8/8/2019 at 6:09 PM, RollingStoned said:

And we did it all without loans or credit cards! :D

Replying to myself, here (I know).

Imagine the wealth gap that would exist if CT offered private loans and credit like the US does. I may have toyed with suggesting something similar before, but it would overall be a catastrophe for CT. If you think for one second that the inflation rate would be any bit lower, you're so wrong you should be banned from public radio! :brain: