RollingStoned

What's your favorite Pokémon game?

Of all the releases in the Pokémon video game franchise, what's your favorite one? In case you've lost track of the dozens of titles over the years, here's the full list.

Here are my personal favorites (because I can't choose just one):

Favorite main series title: Pokémon Crystal. This was my first Pokémon main series game, so forgive me if I'm biased. It isn't the best in the series, but it's the one I spent the most time on and the one that holds the most nostalgia for me. I replayed it a couple of years ago and still found it as addicting as I did when it was new. The fact that it allowed the player to go back to the Kanto Region was mind-blowing for child me.

Favorite side game: Pokémon Stadium. This was my second Pokémon game and the first one I owned that involved Pokémon battles. I spent the first year or two of this game playing entirely with rental Pokémon because I didn't have any of the Game Boy titles. I accidentally deleted my original save file for this one after falling victim to a phony GameWinners.com cheat code. It is the most time-consuming game I've ever tried to beat. Every few months I'll come back to it, but I've never beaten it. The announcer's quotes are forever etched into my brain.

Honorable mentions: Pokémon Snap and Pokémon Yellow. Snap was the first Pokémon game I owned. At the time, it was the only Pokémon experience I had other than a few episodes of the Pokémon anime. Yellow was almost as exciting to play as Crystal. I loved having Pikachu follow my trainer around and seeing its emotions after every tough battle.

Probably Blue Version.