When I update my user shop, it would greatly increase my sales if my active customers could be notified of each shop update.

My suggestion: add the ability to "follow" user shops and thereby increase sales. By "follow" I mean, add a button to include a user's id in a mailing list that automatically generates a PM notifying the user of updates to the shop(s) that the user chooses to follow.

I absolutely love this idea

On 6/17/2019 at 11:30 AM, Xavianangel said:

I absolutely love this idea

I agree. I wish the community had more input on this suggestion.

28 minutes ago, RollingStoned said:

I agree. I wish the community had more input on this suggestion.

Same

A downside to my own idea: If I were the type to update my shop a few at a time, which I am, my followers would get bombarded with PMs about my updated shop that I can say, if I were in their position, I would ignore.

Why do I choose to update my shop a few at a time? That's another topic, but the gist of it is that if you accidentally hit backspace while a cToon's price box is selected, you're going back a page with no "Are you sure you want to leave your user shop? Any changes left unsaved will be deleted."-style confirmation at all.

Overall, I think this addition would be great for CT's economy, but it isn't without its con(s).

Yeah this idea sounds intriguing.

i am down for the idea . i find myself at times being so distracted/busy of other parts of CT that i always miss great sales from certain users shops. i like this idea a lot 

19 hours ago, RollingStoned said:

A downside to my own idea: If I were the type to update my shop a few at a time, which I am, my followers would get bombarded with PMs about my updated shop that I can say, if I were in their position, I would ignore.

Why do I choose to update my shop a few at a time? That's another topic, but the gist of it is that if you accidentally hit backspace while a cToon's price box is selected, you're going back a page with no "Are you sure you want to leave your user shop? Any changes left unsaved will be deleted."-style confirmation at all.

Overall, I think this addition would be great for CT's economy, but it isn't without its con(s).

Maybe the user can have the option of choosing to notify his shop's followers on an update. That may stop multiple messages a bit.

Great Idea though, I often forget to browse through the shops. This will really help.

Great idea. This would definitely be helpful. There's not that many PMs normally anyway, and I don't think people are updating their shops as much as their social media. So I don't think it would get out of hand. 

This is a great idea indeed. I personally don't mind the bombarding is not like i have people sending me important msg all the time lol. I never get msg's to be frank lol

I don't mind it because lets say he just update it. suddenly everyone hum got the notification is at the same time buying. so that means he might want to restock to keep selling. Personally me i would wanna be one of the first ones to see the restock because there might be something i want and get before any other :). 

@The Grand Poobah this idea seems to really be going down big with lots of players