Sign in to follow this  
The Grand Poobah

Site improvements and expansions

Recommended Posts

I’m sure we can think of an advertising strategy that obeys copyright laws. Cartoon Orbit only made toons related to CN, so they were able to advertise on their own channel. The best thing going for CT is that it associates with cartoons in general, which means it has a MUCH higher audience potential than just CN alone: Disney, Nick, CN, Pokemon, Harry Potter, Kids WB, etc. All of those have giant fan bases littered with leads. It’s just a matter of proper advertisement. It’s also important to maintain healthy social media accounts, because many people will turn to SM as they see your ad, and it will be another way to engage with them. The SM account could make or break that person’s decision to play, depending on if it’s lively or dead. Television ads are your best bet. We just need to find a way to advertise. Advertising another network’s property only benefits them since they get free publicity, so they shouldn’t mind if you were to reach out and ask for permission. It’s 100% safe to do even without their permission as long as you state that the company owns all rights to the characters involved and that the game is in no way in association with them, either in fine print on the tv ad or said at the very end.

But all of that should be done after the website is polished and updated to fit the needs of newer players. Most people use google chrome and don’t use Firefox or flash drive anymore. If we can all come together for revenue to clean this site up, then advertisement can be the next phase that will inevitably grow this game. There are advertisement marketers out there who make a living making good ads for businesses. This game hasn’t reached even 1% of its overall potential. That should be motivating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 2:44 AM, MTD_Orbit said:

Advertising another network’s property only benefits them since they get free publicity, so they shouldn’t mind if you were to reach out and ask for permission. It’s 100% safe to do even without their permission as long as you state that the company owns all rights to the characters involved and that the game is in no way in association with them, either in fine print on the tv ad or said at the very end.

I'm skeptical about the legality of this. Intellectual property rights are taken very seriously in the USA. See also: http://www.collectoons.com/disclaimer/35/.

On 7/2/2019 at 2:44 AM, MTD_Orbit said:

Most people use google chrome and don’t use Firefox or flash drive anymore.

cries in Firefox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One big site improvement would to get bios for newer toons done since I haven't seen one attatched to a character since I started. 

Maybe re-subcategorizing toons as well, I have no clue how that process works (or how difficult it would be to do), but for an example, Phineas and Ferb toons that come from Across the 2nd Dimension could be categorized as such.

There's also quite a few naming problems, such as "Battle-Ready" and "Battle Ready" both existing. These last two are obviously minor details that may be glossed over in the over-all picture of the site, but they make things look neater later on down the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Roxy said:

One big site improvement would to get bios for newer toons done since I haven't seen one attatched to a character since I started. 

Maybe re-subcategorizing toons as well, I have no clue how that process works (or how difficult it would be to do), but for an example, Phineas and Ferb toons that come from Across the 2nd Dimension could be categorized as such.

There's also quite a few naming problems, such as "Battle-Ready" and "Battle Ready" both existing. These last two are obviously minor details that may be glossed over in the over-all picture of the site, but they make things look neater later on down the line.

If you're interested in changing or correcting cToon descriptions, categorization, and naming, I'd suggest you PM a member of the moderation team about becoming an Info Whiz. When I was a part of that team, we worked on cToon descriptions and updates to the cToon database. If you only have a few specific suggestions or corrections, there is a topic for that exact thing in Feedback & Suggestions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping you guys finally got around to getting a mobile site option on Android Market...

Oh well.  

If you guys need any forward thinking to increase traffic, use hackforums.net

Literally the craigslist meets reddit/4chan community with tons of white magic hackers, plenty of coders and a wazoo of artists. At least have a few vets here get a thread going and post around on it. It'll get a lot of unique views of foot traffic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, i haven't logged in in 8 years. Can i get my password reset and set up via moderator or admin here? Any time I try to recover, i get a series of offline redirects.

 

8 years, cut me a fudgein break plesse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FunkyJammer said:

Also, i haven't logged in in 8 years. Can i get my password reset and set up via moderator or admin here? Any time I try to recover, i get a series of offline redirects.

 

8 years, cut me a fudgein break plesse. 

If you havent logged in in 8 yrs your account was probably deleted 7 and a half years ago. System used to delete accounts after 6 months. Now it's a year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was? Can you just type my name in a search and check? Fairly pointless response otherwise.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FunkyJammer said:

Was? Can you just type my name in a search and check? Fairly pointless response otherwise.  

Its not there. Your account does not exist anymore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, FunkyJammer said:

Was? Can you just type my name in a search and check? Fairly pointless response otherwise.  

you should create a new account, obtaining points is so much easier now you can be a millionaire in 1 month tops. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.