The Grand Poobah

The Supporters Nook

http://www.collectoons.com/arcade/supporters/

If you haven't seen it yet, that is the link. It is only listed under the Get cToons category on the in-game menu. As everyone is curious, I'm going to break it down. It's like a CT loot box idea, so if you donate to keep the site going, you will get a new point type added to your user account. For lack of a better name, I called it a "suppoint" though that could change if someone comes up with a better name. Now, when you play your console games you can buy a loot box, but what you get is random and might suck. Or you can buy in game points, like Helix points (I'm playing Assassins Creed Origins right now so that name pops in to mind). At least with the Helix points you can decide what items you want to buy for the game. Soooo, being able to donate gets you Premium, it gets you extra points on double points weekends, and now it gets you a special point that you can get ctoons with that aren't available anywhere else in the game. And it pays the bills and keeps the site going. It will also need a new page banner, but that will come shortly.

Those ctoons, except plaques, count towards the set totals, so if you are trying to complete a set and missing any of the Nook ones, your set will be incomplete. There will be more released every few weeks, at least for the next month, and the current ones will expire in a year. We will also be adding the new monthly ctoons, that were only available to donators, to the nook. They will last 1 month, so whoever has the suppoints to get them will, and the rest wont. We may put them in there separately, or create a monthly gift box that rewards them both at the same time. It is also an instant transfer, so you won't have to wait until a mod is able to pass them out the following month when all the numbers are in. And the suppoints are applied to the account that the donation is for, so if someone donates for another account, that 2nd account gets the suppoints, and can buy their own monthly ctoons, so there won't be confusion on who donated what and for how much.

I uploaded a huge batch of Nook ctoons the other day, and I know that everyone will like them. There are some really great designs, and it is a special shop that people have been wanting for awhile. We'll see how it goes, but it is the first new addition in a bit and, if there is enough interest, it may be able to keep us up and running for awhile and add more to the site. But it is completely in the hands of the players as to how long we keep going. We just want to make sure they are getting something in the meantime while we are saving and seeing what other additions we can add when a dev can be hired.

Also, I added Suppoints to everyone's account for donations that are counted towards this month's totals. This month's donation ctoons were just added to the Nook, so hopefully everyone that donated in order to get them didn't already blow all their points on other stuff ;)  These 2 ctoons are only available this month, so on October 1 they will expire and vanish from the shop.

yxzvTEC.gif

4UWpA5Z.png

Edit* It is not letting me redeem the Fusion toon.

Pinky Promise isn't able to be redeemed either.

But cool toons!

Stallion is my favorite. XD

We'll hand those out manually as usual. The process should work fine next month, with the 50 pt one being a standalone, and the pair being in a box/bag for the 100 pt value

How many suppoints do you get per donation or is that not how it works yet?

1 minute ago, CT_Robin said:

How many suppoints do you get per donation or is that not how it works yet?

10 points per dollar

On 9/26/2018 at 10:06 AM, The Grand Poobah said:

Also, I added Suppoints to everyone's account for donations that are counted towards this month's totals. This month's donation ctoons were just added to the Nook, so hopefully everyone that donated in order to get them didn't already blow all their points on other stuff ;)  These 2 ctoons are only available this month, so on October 1 they will expire and vanish from the shop.

yxzvTEC.gif

4UWpA5Z.png

I don't see these in the supporters nook? 

3 minutes ago, neokid90 said:

I don't see these in the supporters nook? 

Removed them. They're intended to be for sep donations. So if you donate 10 bucks this month you'll get both of those plus 100 suppoints.

So I should already have them? I'll check haha 

On 9/27/2018 at 7:50 PM, Xavianangel said:

Removed them. They're intended to be for sep donations. So if you donate 10 bucks this month you'll get both of those plus 100 suppoints.

When do you get them? At the end of the month? 

19 minutes ago, neokid90 said:

When do you get them? At the end of the month? 

I pass them out around the first week or two of October lol

On 9/30/2018 at 11:18 AM, Xavianangel said:

I pass them out around the first week or two of October lol

Lol ok. I was like I didn't get them and I know I donated haha 

I think support nook toons should expire within about 6 months each and I think each month their should be no more than 5 new toons added.. just my two cents gonna make it hard to keep up otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Josh123 said:

I think support nook toons should expire within about 6 months each and I think each month their should be no more than 5 new toons added.. just my two cents gonna make it hard to keep up otherwise. 

I totally get how you feel, but at the same time this site really needs donations so I feel like the more frantic feel to keep up with it is intentional/needed.

6 hours ago, Josh123 said:

I like that we have time to donate as we can on the base toons in it already. If they don’t feel rushed on their part, then it makes the supporter feel rushed on our part, and it didn’t work that way the last few times around when we were trying to just donate for two before the end of the month; so I don’t see it working again. This gives us goals to work toward as well.  

But no one really needs to feel rushed, I do agree with you that there doesn’t need to be a lot added at once, 5, including the two that expire every month+ 3 new is a good number. I already have a pretty big donate to wishlist, even though I’ve already bought quite a few and 6 months doesn’t seem reasonable to get every toon in the shop; assuming you wanted every one of then.. that’s a lot of money.. (especially if you are in my situation and trying to close on a house in the next months out of pocket).

But they also have two that should be expiring each month, so that helps on their part, and helps push to make a donator feel partially rushed and donate faster.  

we won't be doing huge amounts of new ones each month xD

we only added a bunch this month because it's just the start of the nook and the toons are a year so that everyone gets a chance to get them all. @Tooner58 is right. Not everyone can put a ton of money down at once for them all, so a year seems reasonable.

if we add more each month it'll be very few unless we do some sort of big event or something. but this month will be when you see the most new simply cause it's the start.

will we know each month which two are going to expire? like there was always 2 given for a 10 donation? or will they all be in there for a yr from the month they were entered?

thanks 

1 hour ago, deepcanyon1 said:

will we know each month which two are going to expire? like there was always 2 given for a 10 donation? or will they all be in there for a yr from the month they were entered?

thanks 

yeah we will let people know what expires. we havent put any that are expiring yet

Comments:

The Arcade banner feels out-of-place here, as no arcade scores, tickets, or trophy counts are relevant to suppoints. A separate banner should be created.

Is the Supporters(') Nook visible to everyone, or just Premium members?

Does a Premium member lose suppoints after losing Premium status?

As for the name suppoints, I feel like a supporter-based digital currency on an animation-fueled site like CT should adopt the name of an established fictional animated currency. Here's a list of the more notable ones. As of this writing, I don't have a preference because I haven't read the full list...and likely never will.

"Claim" as opposed to "Buy" reminds me of Native American land/monetary grabs in the latter 20th century. This is probably just personal bias shooting out (I have Native American heritage), but the word "claim" just invokes that type of feeling with me.

All in all, though, I do think the Supporters Nook is a fine addition to the site, and a well-deserved one at that.

The Arcade banner feels out-of-place here, as no arcade scores, tickets, or trophy counts are relevant to suppoints. A separate banner should be created.

- Definitely. I believe Star made the current banners, and I dont know if they are still around enough to make a new one. Hopefully someone is able to whip something up soon

Is the Supporters(') Nook visible to everyone, or just Premium members?

- anyone, since you could ultimately donate $1 to get 10 suppoints and get 1 ctoon, and still not have Premium

Does a Premium member lose suppoints after losing Premium status?

- nope. they are retained.

Suppoints is a temp name. If enough people reach a consensus as to what they want it called, we will change the name.

is there anyway to see the plaque movements in this shop? Im curious about a couple of them I don't know what shows theyre from and the pics of them in the shop make it hard to tell.

1 minute ago, Inuyasha said:

is there anyway to see the plaque movements in this shop? Im curious about a couple of them I don't know what shows theyre from and the pics of them in the shop make it hard to tell.

Remind me and I'll post them all here. Names and shows.

1 minute ago, Xavianangel said:

Remind me and I'll post them all here. Names and shows.

Alright sweet thank you

@Inuyasha

Dramatic---Think this is cowboy bebop?vesHjPC.gif

Slenderman---GameigBzPp0.gif

Relishers--Not sure. I think maybe fairy tail xDXovBa3R.gif

Candy--FlapjackfdpvRkZ.gif

pleaders--Tom and jerrysh2sleE.gif

Wielders---fairy TailzYT4X8P.gif

Stallion--Spirit UhXkXNF.gif

pumpkin heads---Over the garden wall75dcYoV.gif

Evil Geniuses--SpongebobJzKegTG.gif

Bouncy Trouncy Tigger (Winnie the Pooh)nxot1c.gif