dbzeee

Has this ever been considered

34 minutes ago, Tooner58 said:

The only thing I’ll say is that those who know how it was before, see now as better, but for the new group coming in, these are their concerns and in order to keep up with the new crowd we need to take some validation in what they say. :)

Yeah but the issue is you guys want us to do changes that would still not help. You want us to lower ctoon amounts but weve done that with plaques and aos and chaos rares and still they're worthless unless someone hoards. If we released 50 of an hr it would still be worthless unless it was dbz or pokemon. Theres old hrs in game with less than 50 copies. Still not worth a dime due to lack of popularity of the set.

I've done countless changes to this site to increase the amount of points people get. Still not enough I guess

It doesn't go unnoticed, you're dedication is absolutely admiring @Xavianangel

6 minutes ago, Johnny said:

It doesn't go unnoticed, you're dedication is absolutely admiring @Xavianangel

It's pointless dedication if no one is happy with it though. Even the big lotto jump that's bleeding points into the site isnt enough xD hopefully October helps get more people happy.

8 hours ago, Xavianangel said:

I've done countless changes to this site to increase the amount of points people get. Still not enough I guess

I’m not saying we don’t notice the changes we appreciate the work you’ve been putting in. It’s just that maybe they aren’t yet the exact changes and it will take trial and error. People are just giving feedback like you guys have been wanting.

From what I’ve seen, they’re not saying hand them points, they’re just saying give them a chance to get them. The lotto went up in points won yes, but it also went up in points to buy, so the people who are already low, aren’t going to spend their hard to earn points trying to win big, when to them it’s also a big loss. The arcade is there, but most players only enjoy/are able to play 3-4 games comfortably and have been asking for a change in games/difficulty in playing them. Then you say it takes time and dedication, but then in the same breath you realize that people are busy with work and real life, and asking them to dedicate hours to an arcade game isn’t feasible. 

It’s hard to understand from a new player’s point when y’all haven’t been new players for awhile. If you feel like you’re spinning your wheels in one direction and getting nowhere, maybe change directions. 

I have to agree about the lotto with Tooner because like i play it everyday just because and i can afford too..but terrie doesnt play it because if you do the math 4000 xs 10 a day is 40k a day times 30 days in a month that 1.2 mil..and well when you are low in pts your not going to waste them and get not alot back unless you have the luck of the draw.

I also agree with the ones that say there are to many hrs being released..its not a challenge anymore..because you are going to get one just sit there  a bit..i sit there and when i get mine sometimes it restocks before anyone even buys the other one..

and i think the reason the older ones arent bringing what they use too..is look at the art work on them..its old looking..they arent crisp alot of them and they are very simple..so yes on the dbz, pokemon ones like that are always going to be wanted..but the forgotten sets not so much..

and like Tooner said everyone that is writing here is just giving suggestions ..our opinions just trying to help..and its not just work and everyday things keeping people away..this just started a few months back..and we all had jobs and family and lots of things going on in our lives..its what do you want to do with your free time..thats the thing..the site has to make people want to spend a little time here..i get on early in the morning and ease into the day play a few games and do my dailies..and then i am out the door and gone alot of the day and sometimes dont make it back an sometimes i do get back and get to play a few more games.,,but its because i want to be on the site and i find time..but as things are going the way they are i am finding other things to do in my free time then spend on the site.

Due to the nature of this post this is not intended to insult or hurt anyones feelings...thought that needed to be pointed out~!

just my opinion..not looking down on or putting anyone down for their opinions or what the team is doing..

1 hour ago, Tooner58 said:

I’m not saying we don’t notice the changes we appreciate the work you’ve been putting in. It’s just that maybe they aren’t yet the exact changes and it will take trial and error. People are just giving feedback like you guys have been wanting.

From what I’ve seen, they’re not saying hand them points, they’re just saying give them a chance to get them. The lotto went up in points won yes, but it also went up in points to buy, so the people who are already low, aren’t going to spend their hard to earn points trying to win big, when to them it’s also a big loss. The arcade is there, but most players only enjoy/are able to play 3-4 games comfortably and have been asking for a change in games/difficulty in playing them. Then you say it takes time and dedication, but then in the same breath you realize that people are busy with work and real life, and asking them to dedicate hours to an arcade game isn’t feasible. 

It’s hard to understand from a new player’s point when y’all haven’t been new players for awhile. If you feel like you’re spinning your wheels in one direction and getting nowhere, maybe change directions. 

I'd love to change directions. But my hands are tied with what I can do until someone who can do free developing suddenly shows up and offers to do a bunch of work free for the site. 

We release the same amount of hrs as in the past. 100 of each. One every week. Sometimes we do 2 cause it's two big sets and people always complain if the popular set doesn't have a holy rare. It's not our fault ct has been out for 10 yrs. Yes there will be a lot of hrs out there. And no we will not lower the hr amount to help sell them faster. Even when ct was way more active with players, hrs still sold for10k or 15k. People are just cheaper now if they hoard.

As for the old art, if it bothers you that much, go and find the exact image online again and recut it. We have thousands of toons on ct and thousands more to come. We do not have the time and resources to go on and fix every single old image.

Plus, you cant say that the art cheapens them. I dont see tumbleweed or beta testers or ppg radio going down in value. And the old dbz eith more in game than the new still goes for more.

As for the lotto, the payout is huge now. The highest it ever was before was 1mil. You cannot expect us to just give away 5 mil points and only do 500 per entry. Then the site would inflate in points even more. 

I get it's harder for newer players, but it doesn't have to be. Shark does a contest every week. If you joined some of the chat events, some of those plaques went for a bunch. I give out toons all the time just for opinions. This kind of stuff never happened in the past. Smackdown used to be 10 hits at2bp a win. Now its half the hits for double the BP. And you can get 40k a day in sd and takes a few hrs. Before it was 10k and it took all day. 

I feel like the topic has strayed into a general "CT ain't what it used to be, here's why" thread. (Shameless plug for my topic about gathering new members, if we're going to talk about that.)

On 9/14/2018 at 12:29 PM, dbzeee said:

Has reducing the number of total new toons available ever been an option. For example HR for new sets go from 100 to 50. It seems nothing sales on the trade board despite people having tons of points. I feel like with the current number of players it wouldn’t be bad option to reduce all the limits by 50%?

Reducing the total number of new toons has been thought about, and even applied, in the past. For example, Commons used to max out at a whopping 12,000 instead of 1500. Uncommons, Rares, Very Rares, and Crazy Rares also had higher caps in the old days, but these caps were lowered due to the underwhelming active user base. On the flip side, the original Holy Rares had caps of just 60, but this was eventually raised to 80 and now 100. Auction Onlys have varied from originally having 30 to at most 60 copies at original release. Before their association with arcade games, codes, donations, and weekly events, many plaques would stock with a cap of 300 and a hard limit of 3 per user.

Of course, you can't mention rarity caps without talking about buying limits. Holy Rares, IIRC, had no buying limit at all for the first few weeks or months of the game, but this was back when manually surfing cWorlds was the one and only way to bring new points into the game (This changed with the introduction of cToon Smackdown.). The limit was first put at 2 and soon after 1 per week to keep the elite HR hunters from getting a monopoly and to keep HRs in shops longer. For UN-CR toons, there was no buying limit whatsoever until after the first DBZ CRs sold out in 2009.

Perhaps the reason why prices have dropped is because of the sheer number of HR cToons available to collect. Longtime users have had years to search for the HRs they need for their collection, but newer users need to spend their points wisely. Nearly ten years of releases have included at least one new HR ~99% of those weeks (roughly 517 HRs), and that's just for a single rarity! If a newbie has a long wish list of AOs, Plaques, Chaos Rares, or even hard-to-find Commons, that newbie needs to seriously budget.

IMO, reducing the rarity caps may not be the right solution to the issue. Unfortunately, I can't offer a better feasible solution with CT's current financial straits.

you have to earn points and to do that you have to arcade and SD and play the lotto and hr hunt as well as buy and rsells AOS and crs and code toons . 

the older players who are now super rich did this to a   T and back then you earned far less . i know this because in the old Days of Sd you only made 30k  A day and you had to make as many morphs as possible to get ahead as well as play arcade and hr and buy aos to resell . 

i mean every 10 days of SD is a 1million points that's not counting the 20k every day from log in and point surfer plus the arcade as well as getting hrs and code toos other things resell plus playing the lotto that starts at 5million now every time. all i am saying is the points are there for the taken you just have decide how much time you want to spend . nothing is fare though there will always be disadvantages like there is in every online multiplayer game you play.  

no matter how much point changes the staff makes one thing will always be clear you will still have to put the time in to earn and take advantage of those changes. it all comes down to how much time you want to invest. 

12 hours ago, RubixCube said:

you have to earn points and to do that you have to arcade and SD and play the lotto and hr hunt as well as buy and rsells AOS and crs and code toons . 

the older players who are now super rich did this to a   T and back then you earned far less . i know this because in the old Days of Sd you only made 30k  A day and you had to make as many morphs as possible to get ahead as well as play arcade and hr and buy aos to resell .

Buying a toon for price X and selling for price X+P(rofit) is basically how the game works. Orbit was the same way. You could never quickly rise to millionaire status there or here by simply logging in and cWorld surfing. CT has by and far way more point-creating methods than its predecessor ever dreamed of, especially with cToon Smackdown. CT users can legitimately rake in millions of points simply by doing dailies, but it takes more time than playing the game with an economist's outlook on things.

12 hours ago, RubixCube said:

i mean every 10 days of SD is a 1million points that's not counting the 20k every day from log in and point surfer plus the arcade as well as getting hrs and code toos other things resell plus playing the lotto that starts at 5million now every time. all i am saying is the points are there for the taken you just have decide how much time you want to spend . nothing is fare though there will always be disadvantages like there is in every online multiplayer game you play.  

no matter how much point changes the staff makes one thing will always be clear you will still have to put the time in to earn and take advantage of those changes. it all comes down to how much time you want to invest. 

Playing SD, arcading, and even logging in every day can be very time-consuming tasks. Not only does this require us to put off things like work, school, relationships, and family life, which are all objectively more important than a fan-operated e-collectibles website, but also the lesser-important leisure activities that fall on the same latitude as CT. One such example of this is, well, cartoons themselves. I joined CT with the limited knowledge of cartoons I'd grown up with or heard about, but the site introduced me to many less-mainstream shows too. To this day, the only place I have ever seen shows like Beet the Vandel Buster and Tintin mentioned in detail is here. You're right, though, when you say that the time you input into CT directly affects your wealth in the game.

12 hours ago, RollingStoned said:

Buying a toon for price X and selling for price X+P(rofit) is basically how the game works. Orbit was the same way. You could never quickly rise to millionaire status there or here by simply logging in and cWorld surfing. CT has by and far way more point-creating methods than its predecessor ever dreamed of, especially with cToon Smackdown. CT users can legitimately rake in millions of points simply by doing dailies, but it takes more time than playing the game with an economist's outlook on things.

Playing SD, arcading, and even logging in every day can be very time-consuming tasks. Not only does this require us to put off things like work, school, relationships, and family life, which are all objectively more important than a fan-operated e-collectibles website, but also the lesser-important leisure activities that fall on the same latitude as CT. One such example of this is, well, cartoons themselves. I joined CT with the limited knowledge of cartoons I'd grown up with or heard about, but the site introduced me to many less-mainstream shows too. To this day, the only place I have ever seen shows like Beet the Vandel Buster and Tintin mentioned in detail is here. You're right, though, when you say that the time you input into CT directly affects your wealth in the game.

i was just implying that some users were saying that there is not good ways to earn points and my post was just saying there points are there for the taken  and my other point was those things you mention they obviously are more important but at the same time if you want those things they put you at a disadvantage then someone who has a ton of free time to get all the daily CT work done each day .i was not trying to talk economics of CT because its like other older users  mentioned if its not popular and no one decides to hoard it . its not gonna be worth a ton . like some of the very much older hrs that were hoarded in the past that worth so much like leaping Batman or that old angry beavers hr and others that were non dbz hr were worth a ton because somone choose to hoard it so the prices skyrocketed,