dbzeee

Has this ever been considered

Recommended Posts

Has reducing the number of total new toons available ever been an option. For example HR for new sets go from 100 to 50. It seems nothing sales on the trade board despite people having tons of points. I feel like with the current number of players it wouldn’t be bad option to reduce all the limits by 50%?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it has. We have already drastically reduced many numbers from their originals a few years back. I don’t think we will be going lower than we already have them for anything that “counts” towards set number totals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’d be a fantastic idea to lower the number released to higher the demand. I see new HRs selling for 10k on the trade board. I remember back in the day there was less inflation on points and HR restocks would net you 50k profit. It almost isn’t worth it to invest the time into restocking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this idea. Perhaps it could be implemented with the understanding that the other 50% could potentially be released at a later date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have talked about this with terrie for awhile now and glad someone finally put it out there..it seems we keep seeing so many of the same old commons also because with so many inactive members now there just not buying as many pieces and they just sit there..i think it would be a good idea for the pieces to be out less time to make the pieces also more valuable down the road somewhere..and the tb is dead..and it seems like alot of members are selling everything they have but getting no bids on them..so its harder for members who havent been here but a short time to get a hr and resell it to make a good profit..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way I see it:

If someone wants an hr, could sell for 500k each (depending on person's pointage).

If no one cares about the hr, reducing the numbers won't make ppl want it all of a sudden. Therefore, it'd still sell for 10k.

I think ANY profit is woith buying it in shop for. If hr sold for shop price, I would not bother snagging them from shops. As opposed to if it's on tb and someone offers 10k and it's been on tb for 3 days clearly no one likes this hr. I don't see 10k as a bad thing but a profit.

Not all hr are going to sell for 200k.  If ppl like/want an hr, they will pay.

I know some people are upset b/c they only get 10k for an hr...but I really think that sometimes you should look at it like, "I made 8k from a single ctoon!" as opposed to "drat, I didn't get 100k for it." Whatever HR is intended to be on this website, it is what it is. Some of them are wanted bad and some nobody wants in their collection. So in the case "nobody wants it", a sale is a sale. Clearly I don't want it or I wouldn't put it on the tb either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basic supply and demand system within CT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, points right now aren’t circulating as well for the lower point holders. Though thank you @Xavianangel for trying to make CT rich again! I’ve been trying to circulate those points back in by buying from my wishlist. 

Speaking of my wishlist.. Personally, I am much less likely to spend 100k on a holy rare I kind of want, when some of my wishlist toons I really want,  are gonna cost 4m+. I have to save and think ahead for long run.

I’ve also seen a decrease in sales in my shop on cheaper toons than the hrs, but you just kinda have to ride the tide of no selling right now while people take care of why they aren’t buying (whether less game play/saving points/having no points).

Like what @The Villainous Rumplestiltskin previously said, any profit is good profit in general and you can’t always look to make big bucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have also made it substantially easier to make points in the arcade compared to how it use to be.

 

 

The best way to get points is to come on daily and play the arcade.

 

This is the list of max points per game you can make. Non premium member players can play these 5 times each (instead of 10 premium get. New members have 2 months of free premium though) with the recent update to the points earned (huge increase) players can now easily make 150k per day in about a hour of play. Meaning players can make 4.5 million points per month. Giving players no excuse whatsoever about not being able to afford things.

  Hide contents

For Bowser Ball- Max Points--5k

For Duck Hunt--Max Points--10k

For GunRun--Max Points--5k

For Hole Smash--Max points--4k

For Snowman Attack-Max points--3k

For Spider Jump-Max points--3k

For Helicopter--Max points--3k

For Mario Catcher--Max points 5k

For Space Invaders--Max points--5k

For the Chicken Game--Max points 10k

For the Collecting of Pills--Max points 5k

For Freecell Solitaire---Max 3k

For Lightning--Max points 5k

For Pyramid Solitaire--Max 3k

For Solitaire--Max points 3k

For Agressive Alpine Skiing--Max 5k

Finger Footy--Max points 5k

Karate Challenge--Max points 3k

Kickball--Max points 2.5k

Mini Putt III--Max points 3k

Pool Jam--Max points 3k

Ultimate Football---Max points 3k

Let it Flow--Max points 3k

Mahjong--Max points 5k

Snake--Max points 3k

Tetrix---Max points 10k

Towering Legends---Max points 5k

Ultimate defense 2---Max points 10k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree the arcade is a great way to make points and I have done it in the past. However, it becomes very repetitive and at the end of the day is a massive time sink. Every online collectible game I’ve played I’ve made my points and enjoyed the most of the game from buying and selling. I think it’s rather stubborn to say “theres no excuse, go play the arcade” I have no desire to spend 1 hour per day to play games that I don’t enjoy, that isn’t fun.

The issue with the higher number of HR releases is even when one does come out that someone wants it will never near the price of 200k. Because of the buying limit by the end of the HRs release it’s fairly easy to restock one yourself and if not there are an abundance on the trade board. By limiting the amount it creates a sense of urgency to buy the HR before it’s out of shops forever. It will raise the price of both the desired and not as desired HRs.

I agree that profit is profit but let’s be real and come to terms that 8k isn’t scratch compared to those with 100s or 10s of millions of points if you’re trying to make the buying and selling portion of the game you’re main source of income.

I love the game but at the end of the day there should be multiple ways to make points.

The solution might not be to just limit the number of releases, we are just desperately trying to figure out how to make the game feel like a trading game again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Johnny said:

I agree the arcade is a great way to make points and I have done it in the past. However, it becomes very repetitive and at the end of the day is a massive time sink. Every online collectible game I’ve played I’ve made my points and enjoyed the most of the game from buying and selling. I think it’s rather stubborn to say “theres no excuse, go play the arcade” I have no desire to spend 1 hour per day to play games that I don’t enjoy, that isn’t fun.

The issue with the higher number of HR releases is even when one does come out that someone wants it will never near the price of 200k. Because of the buying limit by the end of the HRs release it’s fairly easy to restock one yourself and if not there are an abundance on the trade board. By limiting the amount it creates a sense of urgency to buy the HR before it’s out of shops forever. It will raise the price of both the desired and not as desired HRs.

I agree that profit is profit but let’s be real and come to terms that 8k isn’t scratch compared to those with 100s or 10s of millions of points if you’re trying to make the buying and selling portion of the game you’re main source of income.

I love the game but at the end of the day there should be multiple ways to make points.

The solution might not be to just limit the number of releases, we are just desperately trying to figure out how to make the game feel like a trading game again.

Maybe instead, we could get some new ways to make points. Maybe that is the bigger issue (I also don't like/use the games in the arcade) (:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some games you need to grind to get what you want. Shouldn’t be easy. And even though not all the games are fun I found that my dedication and finally obtaining stuff I wanted was the fun part I got out of it. This is back when I only made 1k per game. Now you guys can make like 5k.

New ideas are always welcome though. Some are just easier to implement than others with coding.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, The Villainous Rumplestiltskin said:

The way I see it:

If someone wants an hr, could sell for 500k each (depending on person's pointage).

If no one cares about the hr, reducing the numbers won't make ppl want it all of a sudden. Therefore, it'd still sell for 10k.

I think ANY profit is woith buying it in shop for. If hr sold for shop price, I would not bother snagging them from shops. As opposed to if it's on tb and someone offers 10k and it's been on tb for 3 days clearly no one likes this hr. I don't see 10k as a bad thing but a profit.

I see 10k as logging in or cWorld surfing on any given day. It isn't that big of a deal if I skip a day, which is 20k minimum, and I've skipped weeks or months in the past. HRs used to sell for under 10k on the TB, but then Leaping Batman came out and prices skyrocketed. Prices had their heyday in '10-'12 or so, and they've been steadily declining since then. To sell a HR today for 10k, with users averaging much more in wealth nowadays than they did in ~09, doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Why a current HR can sell for anything less than 30k is due to lack of interest and an overabundance of HRs (and other rare and valuable toons) in the game to collect.

Even if no one cared about the HR I was selling in '09-'10, the lowest I could expect for an unpopular HR is 20k.

Things have changed. It's like HR values have gone to their '09 pre-arcade values and user wealth is the highest in recorded history, but nobody hoards like they used to.

13 hours ago, Johnny said:

I agree the arcade is a great way to make points and I have done it in the past. However, it becomes very repetitive and at the end of the day is a massive time sink. Every online collectible game I’ve played I’ve made my points and enjoyed the most of the game from buying and selling. I think it’s rather stubborn to say “theres no excuse, go play the arcade” I have no desire to spend 1 hour per day to play games that I don’t enjoy, that isn’t fun.

The issue with the higher number of HR releases is even when one does come out that someone wants it will never near the price of 200k. Because of the buying limit by the end of the HRs release it’s fairly easy to restock one yourself and if not there are an abundance on the trade board. By limiting the amount it creates a sense of urgency to buy the HR before it’s out of shops forever. It will raise the price of both the desired and not as desired HRs.

I agree that profit is profit but let’s be real and come to terms that 8k isn’t scratch compared to those with 100s or 10s of millions of points if you’re trying to make the buying and selling portion of the game you’re main source of income.

I love the game but at the end of the day there should be multiple ways to make points.

The solution might not be to just limit the number of releases, we are just desperately trying to figure out how to make the game feel like a trading game again.

Exactly. Why sink an hour into the arcade to make 150k (if you play and win every game and have the attention span to do so) when you can flip burgers, fry chicken, or press Styrofoam cups into a milkshake machine to make the equivalent amount of money needed to buy that many points (on a double/triple points weekend, depending on where you live) ...or just spend the money on things you need irl? The games are tired and boring, and the measly amount of points you'd get from selling HRs nowadays wouldn't pay your cWorld rent in the cConomy of today. It's true that 8k isn't scratch when users have hundreds of millions of points. If the wealthiest users aren't buying the toon you're selling, is it even worth selling?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10K for a HR is peanuts. There is no way I would hunt HRs for a 10k reward. That's the equivalent to 10-15 mins of arcade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It all depends on the HR if its Disney, popular Anime, Popular show your looking at 150k minimum maybe even up to 500k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly the way this place was going in 2015, I would have predicted CT would be increasing number of HR's by three years from then, that is to say, now. Not propositions to go the other way. It's sad that people disappear from here. I know they get busy but we really should have more new players than this to make up for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly my reply to this is simple....

Our contest plaques sometimes are less than 40 in game. You would think that means they cost like 500k or more. Nope. They sometimes go for under 100k. Quantity doesnt matter. It's about who is looking to buy multiples

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i feel if you want anything CT you have to grind for it . the older players like myself put in so much hard work and effort into making points through arcade and players like myself mixed it up with arcade and SD as well as sell hrs and code toons that came out weekly no matter what you do in this game if you don't want to donate cash I always felt you had to work for it nothing comes super easy in this game especially the rare toons that cost millions  it all takes hard work and effort and they won't just walk into your lap . so yeah its harder for people who have kids or family and job and house to take care of I understand it and it puts some people at disadvantage. I feel those people just got to prioritize I mean you either want to put in the work or just be a causally player that won't reach those high but you will still earn points.  

 

just playing 10x  with 4 games you can earn nearly 200k give or take doing that every day like in a small amount of time that it takes can put you on the road to prosperity if you keep doing it but like I said above its a grind like all games mostly are . there will always be disadvantages you just gotta put the time in to overcome them 

 

and about the lowering the numbers and such i agree with xav its all about who wants to buy multiples and people would be able to buy more if more people had points which people gotta play the arcade or take some time to SD to earn the 99k or 100 doing that  each day plus logging in and getting the 20k each day .  people just gotta want to take the time to earn them and grind for them and it does suck if you are at a disadvantage but you gotta to maximize your time to fit so you can earn some points every day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RubixCube said:

i feel if you want anything CT you have to grind for it . the older players like myself put in so much hard work and effort into making points through arcade and players like myself mixed it up with arcade and SD as well as sell hrs and code toons that came out weekly no matter what you do in this game if you don't want to donate cash I always felt you had to work for it nothing comes super easy in this game especially the rare toons that cost millions  it all takes hard work and effort and they won't just walk into your lap . so yeah its harder for people who have kids or family and job and house to take care of I understand it and it puts some people at disadvantage. I feel those people just got to prioritize I mean you either want to put in the work or just be a causally player that won't reach those high but you will still earn points.  

 

just playing 10x  with 4 games you can earn nearly 200k give or take doing that every day like in a small amount of time that it takes can put you on the road to prosperity if you keep doing it but like I said above its a grind like all games mostly are . there will always be disadvantages you just gotta put the time in to overcome them 

 

and about the lowering the numbers and such i agree with xav its all about who wants to buy multiples and people would be able to buy more if more people had points which people gotta play the arcade or take some time to SD to earn the 99k or 100 doing that  each day plus logging in and getting the 20k each day .  people just gotta want to take the time to earn them and grind for them and it does suck if you are at a disadvantage but you gotta to maximize your time to fit so you can earn some points every day. 

Yup. I started in 2011. I didn't get to 150 mil by just asking for the game to get easier xD took time. And there were players who were way ahead of me. I just had the free time. 

If you look at plaques for example. Theres more of demons than boom. But boom is going for under 500k whereas demons goes for 2 mil plus since its hoarded. Just like when I used to hoard action rogues. I had them at 500k. For a code only xD back when more people played so there are a few hundred more of those in game, yet new codes go for like 2k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I'll add this. Weve made the game so much easier. Imagine grinding the arcade when you only had 3 tries and only got a max of 1k per game? We also auction off lots of older toons and do ten times as many contests as in the past. Anything beyond this is just us giving points for free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.