RollingStoned

Showing Rarity in Shops

When shopping in the CollecTowne Plaza (aka shops 1-6), only three pieces of information can be gathered about a cToon before it's purchased: name, quantity available, and price. It would be helpful if the cToon's rarity were included too. If a cToon's name isn't colored red (HR), a user must depend on shop price alone to guess its rarity. User shops and Trade Board posts already show rarities immediately after the cToon name, so why not Plaza shops? Even if the rarity were shown just within the mouse hover text, I think it would still be helpful.

On 8/10/2018 at 5:02 AM, RollingStoned said:

When shopping in the CollecTowne Plaza (aka shops 1-6), only three pieces of information can be gathered about a cToon before it's purchased: name, quantity available, and price. It would be helpful if the cToon's rarity were included too. If a cToon's name isn't colored red (HR), a user must depend on shop price alone to guess its rarity. User shops and Trade Board posts already show rarities immediately after the cToon name, so why not Plaza shops? Even if the rarity were shown just within the mouse hover text, I think it would still be helpful.

@The Grand Poobah is this possible. this would be pretty sweet

are there any that isnt colored? do we want to make it so simple that rarity is displayed in the shops?

18 minutes ago, The Grand Poobah said:

are there any that isnt colored? do we want to make it so simple that rarity is displayed in the shops?

only the HRs are colored in Red.

we could make it that simple. i mean that's how it is in usershops, so in the reg shops it would just help people who don't know the price points off the top of their heads.

Ill look in to it. maybe colors for VR, CR, HR and OR?

20 minutes ago, The Grand Poobah said:

Ill look in to it. maybe colors for VR, CR, HR and OR?

Or just have the initials next to the toons and the colors for the hrs and ORs

Every toon in a Plaza shop that isn't red (HR) is color #0071B9 blue. I'd support using different colors for different rarities because it'd be useful while still requiring knowledge of what those colors means to be actually helpful.

I'll look at the code this week and see if it's easy enough to do that. I know Taco had done a Case Switch somewhere that used colors or rarity display, so I can see what he did with that.