Sign in to follow this  
Josh123

Re-vamped Raffles (I think I spelled Revamped right)

Here's a fun idea, and I think it would be pretty interesting and a great way to test it out would be with bringing back old ao's and hr's.... the premises of this idea is, some users just don't have the points to shell out for a big bucks toon, or some simple just don't want to :P Anyways the example is below and i'll explain it below as well. 

RAFFLE: 

20090209_134154s.valentine.gif-Butt-head Valentine x10 spots at 100k a spot (So you would make a forum post for it, and people would offer the 100k on like a cCard, and then you'd go to a random name generator website and select the winner from the 10 that entered, or however many entered since you can also do the raffle like the one below! 

RAFFLE: 

20090209_134154s.valentine.gif-Butt-head Valentine x10 spots at 100k a spot max 2 entries per person, (just like the one above you'd make a forum post for the people to enter so you know how many users entered, and then you'd use the random name generator or spinning wheel etc,

FAQ'S:

How can you trust the credibility of a user to not cheat and let their friend win the raffle?

-Well the answer to that is simple, only let CTC accounts do these raffles OR only let them raffle off toons of a certain rarity that way all users can make their own raffles EXAMPLE: Only CTC is allowed to auction off toons valued Holy rare or higher.

How do you value a toon?

-This is a good question, and to prevent users from using the raffle idea to take advantage of others and make more points that a toons been sold for, the solution would be to appraise the toon on the forums for everyone to see the value, and then based on that you can make your raffle, and example would be let's say someone wants to raffle off and older code like steamboat Willie, so they post on the appraisal thread and get a value of around 50-60k (Not sure if that's the value just guessing) so their raffle would then consist of. 

RAFFLE:

20090220_162954s.steam_mickey.gif-Steamboat Willie 6 spots at 10k a spot, maximum 1 entry per person or something along those lines, can even make it 12 spots at 5k a spot, max 2 entries or however much you want, that's the fun in it... 

Anyways just something to think about, it would be a good idea to test it out with bringing back some old AO's and HR's, but just some food for thought. (I think that's how that saying goes...)

I wouldn't participate in one of these raffles, but I do get the point. I do think some people would like to do this...

But as for me, I'm happy betting against Joshy and taking his points. ;)

I would go for it..and see how it worked and i think it would be alot of fun..and it would give an even chance for everyone to get a piece they may have wanted for a long time but couldnt afford the points for it :)  Thanks for suggesting it.

I'd definitely be into this and I think it'd be a great way to get points circulating. @RubixCube already knows my gripes about the current reselling of old toons methods...

But also, on a side note, is there a system that is recycling toons from inactive accounts already? I know there was a lot of discussion, but I never saw the definite; if there was one.