Xavianangel

What Would you Like to See Next?

We did a lot of changes in the last few months. I would like to know what all of you want next from Collectoons. What would make you log on more? What would make Collectoons more exciting for you? We listened to many of your requests last time and there is still more to come, so let your voice be heard, because we are all ears.

The changes are amazing so far..... auctions are more active, we have the 3 weekly chat events

Now we all know the normal stuff a new layout, more arcade games and so on but will stick to whats possible now :P

- cToon packs... link the Clash Card Packs page and release a new pack but have it be a cToon pack and fill it with exclusive toons (shiny Pokemon in place of spectrals)

- Gaming Night lets get some gaming going between us all for fun I know @Sister Love suggested Town of Salem which is a blast to play together but we can find some F2P games to play so no one is locked out

- Start to use the social network accounts to post cartoon releated stuff, contests, random one day codes... social network is a great free way for new members

New arcade games would be amazing although I realize that's probably a pipe dream.  I would like to see the trade board take a back seat to auctions.  I feel like the trade board is being used too much to "feel out" prices when folks don't actually intend on selling the toon.  Perhaps the trade board could lock that toon in place for 24 hours to help prevent this?  You would be able to accept an offer on the toon but you wouldn't be able to just cancel it.  

Nimbyman   

Updated Auctions - The way auctions are setup now is that a few people bid really fast towards the end of the auction causing the CToon to sell for a lot less than intended. The only way a CToon would sell for a decent price is if a certain person had bid up the auction days or even hours before the end. I think the auction time should go up a few seconds after every bid, that way the auction will have the chance to get up to a reasonable price when everyone is bidding towards the end. This will mitigate one person receiving an extreme discount on an auction.

Hoarding - Some CToons, mostly hrs, are hard to obtain due to the fact that one person is hoarding the majority of them. When someone does this, the other owners of that CToon mostly have only 1 copy of it and are most likely not going to want to sell their only copy. To fix this I'd say add a limit to how many of a single CToon you can have. I would say a fair amount would be 15% of the total amount of that CToon.

9 minutes ago, indieman19 said:

New arcade games would be amazing although I realize that's probably a pipe dream.  I would like to see the trade board take a back seat to auctions.  I feel like the trade board is being used too much to "feel out" prices when folks don't actually intend on selling the toon.  Perhaps the trade board could lock that toon in place for 24 hours to help prevent this?  You would be able to accept an offer on the toon but you wouldn't be able to just cancel it.  

It is never a pipe dream ;)

4 minutes ago, nimbyman said:

Updated Auctions - The way auctions are setup now is that a few people bid really fast towards the end of the auction causing the ctoon to sell for a lot less than intended. The only way a ctoon would sell for a decent price is if a certain person had bid up the auction days or even hours before the end. I think the auction time should go up a few seconds after every bid, that way the auction will have the chance to get up to a reasonable price when everyone is bidding towards the end. This will mitigate one person receiving an extreme discount on an auction. Thanks for listening. 

The only problem is that this would take some serious coding. We would need an amazing developer for this. Also if this happened, then short auctions would never get to high prices, so it would be unfair to sellers.

16 minutes ago, Moana of Motunui said:

The changes are amazing so far..... auctions are more active, we have the 3 weekly chat events

Now we all know the normal stuff a new layout, more arcade games and so on but will stick to whats possible now :P

- cToon packs... link the Clash Card Packs page and release a new pack but have it be a cToon pack and fill it with exclusive toons (shiny Pokemon in place of spectrals)

- Gaming Night lets get some gaming going between us all for fun I know @Sister Love suggested Town of Salem which is a blast to play together but we can find some F2P games to play so no one is locked out

- Start to use the social network accounts to post cartoon releated stuff, contests, random one day codes... social network is a great free way for new members

• I'm working on the social network stuff right now.
  • Gaming night would be awesome!!! Why havent you done it yet? :P You know I'd gladly give you guys another theme night if you can work on it together or take turns hosing it.
  • the packs seem interesting. Maybe through the arcade?

1 minute ago, Xavianangel said:

The only problem is that this would take some serious coding. We would need an amazing developer for this. Also if this happened, then short auctions would never get to high prices, so it would be unfair to sellers.

This if anything abolishing listing fees for auctions ending on Fri-Sun would potentially help move some stuff over from TB

1 minute ago, Moana of Motunui said:

This if anything abolishing listing fees for auctions ending on Fri-Sun would potentially help move some stuff over from TB

or lowering fees all together? right? xD

1 minute ago, Xavianangel said:
  • Gaming night would be awesome!!! Why havent you done it yet? :P You know I'd gladly give you guys another theme night if you can work on it together or take turns hosing it.

If @Sister Love is up for it as co-hosting 2 a week might be hard with the time difference and work

The packs could be linked via the arcade you could buy a pack for say 1000 points or 100 tickets

Nimbyman   
2 minutes ago, Xavianangel said:

How would short auctions never get to high prices in this scenario? 

8 minutes ago, nimbyman said:

Updated Auctions - The way auctions are setup now is that a few people bid really fast towards the end of the auction causing the CToon to sell for a lot less than intended. The only way a CToon would sell for a decent price is if a certain person had bid up the auction days or even hours before the end. I think the auction time should go up a few seconds after every bid, that way the auction will have the chance to get up to a reasonable price when everyone is bidding towards the end. This will mitigate one person receiving an extreme discount on an auction. Thanks for listening. 

Hoarding - Some CToons, mostly hrs, are hard to obtain due to the fact that one person is hoarding the majority of them. When someone does this, the other owners of that CToon mostly have only 1 copy of it and are most likely not going to want to sell their only copy. To fix this I'd say add a limit to how many of a single CToon you can have. I would say a fair amount would be 15% of the total amount of that CToon.

1 minute ago, nimbyman said:

How would short auctions never get to high prices in this scenario? 

Hoarding we cannot ever limit. The only thing that gives toons values is how badly people want them. If we limit hoarding, about half the site would have to give up their toons and quit.

And oops, sorry, I thought it said that the auction time would go down with every bid.

Hmm, the time going up each time would sorta work, but it would also slightly mess up auctions, since it might mean two toons end up ending at the exact same time. 

So if we do auction only toons, we post them minutes apart so that everyone gets a shot at each. If one keeps going up with each bid, it may end at the same time as another and the 2nd toon wont get bought for as high a price

Nimbyman   
17 minutes ago, Xavianangel said:

Hoarding we cannot ever limit. The only thing that gives toons values is how badly people want them. If we limit hoarding, about half the site would have to give up their toons and quit.

And oops, sorry, I thought it said that the auction time would go down with every bid.

Hmm, the time going up each time would sorta work, but it would also slightly mess up auctions, since it might mean two toons end up ending at the exact same time. 

So if we do auction only toons, we post them minutes apart so that everyone gets a shot at each. If one keeps going up with each bid, it may end at the same time as another and the 2nd toon wont get bought for as high a price

Maybe there could be an option for a fixed time auction or a time changing auction. In the auction only's case, most of them go for a high price so I don't think you would need the time to change per bid. Also, for auctions ending at the exact same time, I think that's good, people shouldn't be going for every single auction especially when one person is winning them all. 

1 hour ago, Xavianangel said:

1.Social Networking? Seems like something that Josh123 guy could do. ;) 

2. I like the idea, however IF there was a CA I'd like it to not be a plaque, not because they aren't gorgeous because they areeeeee but because an actual toon would be a good idea too every now and then

3. I like the idea of through the arcade, but can they be like a 1/25 chance of getting one of these rares items ? Makes it more fun, it would make people play arcade more to get tickets too.

Now for my own ideas.

1.Ghost toons----- I like what nimby is saying to an extent. I like the idea of hoarding it means you really enjoy something CT is doing, and if you're using your own points then what's the problem? No cheating being done, but if at least half of 1 cToon is owned by one user, why not just make it a ghost toon you know? 

2.I like the idea of mass clicking toons into a storage locker, it's a giant pain having to go through a collection and put them in their one by one. Takes up to much time as well.

3. I like the idea of older AO's/HR's in game to have the option to release X amount of copies into the game during the holiday season like december whether they be threw tb or auctions to give players who don't already own one a chance to buy one, however this idea is definitely a bad idea to since it could potentially decrease the value of a toon substantially. A good idea would to be either list the auction at one of the last 3 sold prices for or start the bidding on the tb at said price.. Example: Freddy Krueger, you throw one on the trade board or auction it would need to start the bidding at a minimum of 850k or max of 1.5mil since those are the highest and lowest of the last 3 sales. (definitely not one of my best ideas, but i'm on to something. :P ) 

4. Expensive LE's... Points are much easier to come by these days... Limited Edition is supposed to be Limited in numbers.. the attacking kushina LE we have has 606 copies in game, which makes it worth around 7-14k ish only because it's from a popular set like naruto shippuden, the MLP LE toons we have sell for anywhere from 50-150k a piece because of how many copies there are in game, because of how pricey they were. I think LE's without a doubt need to go up in price again. Thus reducing the number in game making them hold value and increase in value. 

5. Crazy auction weekends, CTC_JR and CTContests don't necessarily  have to auction hr's/ao's but those auction weekends bring lots of users to bid and spend points, I think those need to happen once a month with older toons, anywhere from 08-2012 it's fun getting to bid on older toons you made need, but not like it needs to happen every weekend that would take away the fun of it. Maybe even once every 2 months. 

I'll post more eventually these are just some ideas off the top of my head I could think of. :P 

Auctions on the tb are almost like they are in real life...tbh...i have clerked and worked and supplied and sold and held auctions in real life...and when more than one person is bidding when the hammer goes down its sold..so if you hesitate for even a split second its sold..and they dont just give you extra time..and sometimes the reason it ends and someone gets a deal is for the same reason in real life...its getting late alot of people leave the auction house then the people who stay get some amazing deals..and i lose more when i am bidding then i win ..and i laugh cause i know how it works i hesitate and think for a split second and it closes..but theres always another auction and another deal

and i would love to see new games also..as long as the old games stay since i have been a member since the beginning i love alot of my games..and i am not good at alot of the games and would probably not be real good at alot of the new games but i know it would be great for the site.

Classic Disney Friday code toons.

Since I've rejoined, there have been none. Even though they used to have them once a month maybe. I know not everyone likes Disney, but I'll eat the throwaways ;)

First off, a big thanks for all the work the team has put into the site, I sincerely appreciate it.

In terms of what I'd like to see next on here, I think it'd be neat to have more forum contests with rewards like the awesome #PARTY @Coolguy did a great job hosting.

Another idea I have is monthly participation plaques / toons. What I mean by this is that certain users get exclusive toons at the end of the month for participating in different ways on the site. It could be the top 3 users in each category that get a reward (plus maybe arcade tickets or points). You could make a forum post at the end of every month to announce winners. Options could include (I also put in some images that could be used for each plaque):

- Auctioneers - most toons sold via auctions 

latest?cb=20101101155346

- Guessers - most codes guessed

H3hqete.png

- Top Skills - most placements on arcade game top 10 lists

lara_croft_by_ja_renders-d70o9de.png

- Talk of the Towne - most forum posts

hoCMAxx.png

Another idea is to give people more points for logging in consistently. I.e. Once a user has logged in X days in a row, the user gets 20k per day instead of 10k until they miss a day.

EDIT: I know this is a developer thing but it'd also be neat to be able to resize cToons. I think someone previously recommended adding the ability to have multiple "pages" of cWorlds and I love that idea as well.

Coolguy   

Mega Time Machine

Have a once per month, possibly once per year, Time Machine where it costs 1 million points for an extremely rare cToon worth around that price range.

(This was an idea a few of us came up with in chat that didn't make it to the forums) XD.

22 minutes ago, Coolguy said:

Mega Time Machine

Have a once per month, possibly once per year, Time Machine where it costs 1 million points for an extremely rare cToon worth around that price range.

(This was an idea a few of us came up with in chat that didn't make it to the forums) XD.

Ah that reminds me of another idea I had that I bet is impossible.

Make it where you can pick if you get Disney, Anime, etc ctoon from Time Machine...that way if someone only likes anime, they won't grimace "ugh a Tinker Bell!"

Also, I've told Shark this, but might as well as here "just because". A tool on the build cworld thing that allows you to mirror a single image (make it flip so it's facing the opposite direction).

Gaming Night would be really sweet. All I know is Town of Salem at this point though, so I can host when we do those, but for other games someone else would be a better host. I tried looking into League of Legends though, didn't know what I was doing (was the same for TOS in the beginning).

50 minutes ago, Coolguy said:

Mega Time Machine

That would be pretty awesome xD I'm up for that haha

25 minutes ago, TheWolfandtheRose said:

Ah that reminds me of another idea I had that I bet is impossible.

Make it where you can pick if you get Disney, Anime, etc ctoon from Time Machine...that way if someone only likes anime, they won't grimace "ugh a Tinker Bell!"

Also, I've told Shark this, but might as well as here "just because". A tool on the build cworld thing that allows you to mirror a single image (make it flip so it's facing the opposite direction).

this would be extremely sweet too!!!

Idk maybe have different time machines. Trunks for anime, dexter for old CN, that future one from spongebob for nick, etc etc

A feature I'd like to see is layers on the cWorld builder and a list to the right or left that shows which toons are on your cWorld. So you could click on the name of the toon and bring it to front/back or whatever, it would make it a lot easier than having to remove a bunch of toons just to put a toon behind another. Though I doubt that would be very easy, if even possible, to implement.

Just now, MasterSkydin said:

A feature I'd like to see is layers on the cWorld builder and a list to the right or left that shows which toons are on your cWorld. So you could click on the name of the toon and bring it to front/back or whatever, it would make it a lot easier than having to remove a bunch of toons just to put a toon behind another. Though I doubt that would be very easy, if even possible, to implement.

I think some sites have features like that.

I kinda wish cworlds were a bit more interactive like that too. 

3 minutes ago, Xavianangel said:

I think some sites have features like that.

I kinda wish cworlds were a bit more interactive like that too. 

the ability of more songs on toons and animations would be awesome alongside larger cWorld sizes so much space is wasted

Queen Elsa - Let it Go

Courageous - Colors of The Wind

Performing Gazelle - Try Everything

Moana - How Far I'll Go

Sailing Away - We Know The Way

as some examples

4 minutes ago, Moana of Motunui said:

the ability of more songs on toons and animations would be awesome alongside larger cWorld sizes so much space is wasted

Queen Elsa - Let it Go

Courageous - Colors of The Wind

Performing Gazelle - Try Everything

Moana - How Far I'll Go

Sailing Away - We Know The Way

as some examples

Oh i've tried. I havent been able to add any new sound since the game and forum had been down and came back up. Idk why

Another thing I'd like to see added would be casino games. Texas Hold'em, Blackjack, Slots, Roulette etc. You could make them cost points to play and have a chance to win more points. Though I'm not sure if gambling is aloud on here :P

35 minutes ago, Xavianangel said:

this would be extremely sweet too!!!

Idk maybe have different time machines. Trunks for anime, dexter for old CN, that future one from spongebob for nick, etc etc

OMG Yes! That's it! Different time machines but still can only pick one a week/two from Premium. That would probably make it easier than selecting your choice.