Sign in to follow this  
captainjack

Worst animated series based on a motion picutre/animated movie EVER

Worst movie based animated series EVER!  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these animated series did the least justice to the animated or live action movie that it came from?

• Hotel Transylvania: The Series
    • Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs
    • Jumanji: The Series
    • Emperor's New School
    • Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
    • Spaceballs: The Series
    • Friday: The Series
    • Godzilla: The Series
    • Napoleon Dynamite

So, it's been a trend for years for movies whether animated or live action to continue on in the form of a series. I'm not going to add the Dreamworks series Monsters vs. Aliens, Dragons Riders of Berk or Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomness because they at least attempted to follow the continuity of the property. Which of these do you think was the worst? Got one that's worse? Tell us how much you hate it.

Godzilla the series was pretty good actually. Plus it was based off the 1998 movie, which... is pretty terrible already. Granted the Hanna-Barbera version was much better. Jumanji the series... ugh. Yeah, that was just terrible.

KUpkJyi.png

Didn't even know spaceballs had a series but I'm not surprised. 

But yea definitely Jumanji, ok here's how we're saving Alan today. 

Yay...we got him out of the game! Sucked back in at the end. Rinse, Lather, Repeat, every episode!  -__-

On Friday, June 30, 2017 at 9:13 AM, Abdizur87 said:

Yay...we got him out of the game! Sucked back in at the end. Rinse, Lather, Repeat, every episode!  -__-

Lol! yes yes yes, but if that hadn't occurred, how would they have a series?

Honestly, I enjoyed watching Jumunji when I was younger, more than the movie (though um, Robin Williams love), but I have no idea how I'd feel about the tv show as an adult. Some things I liked are watered down now. "You call that good writing? What?" XD So I'm not judging it. I'm keeping my childhood happiness versus removal of rose-colored glasses.

But now I'm trying to figure out why the sister kept playing the game. Were they bored? But come on, I did enjoy their adventures. Maybe they wanted to go to an amusement park...only...they couldn't afford to.

On 6/30/2017 at 9:13 AM, Abdizur87 said:

The Spaceballs series was pretty much a last ditch effort by G4 to drum up some much needed ratings. This was after the Marvel anime universe had come and gone. Friday the Series was bad too. It came on Mtv.

I think a better storyline for the Jumanji series would have been possibly that the board was smashed and scattered by the various obstacles that arose from the board. Over the course of the series, the kids would have to locate the missing components all the while avoiding the numerous nasty creatures of Jumanji.

Stuart Little: The Animated Series

On 7/1/2017 at 1:35 PM, TheWolfandtheRose said:

Lol! yes yes yes, but if that hadn't occurred, how would they have a series?

Honestly, I enjoyed watching Jumunji when I was younger, more than the movie (though um, Robin Williams love), but I have no idea how I'd feel about the tv show as an adult. Some things I liked are watered down now. "You call that good writing? What?" XD So I'm not judging it. I'm keeping my childhood happiness versus removal of rose-colored glasses.

But now I'm trying to figure out why the sister kept playing the game. Were they bored? But come on, I did enjoy their adventures. Maybe they wanted to go to an amusement park...only...they couldn't afford to.

An amusement park? lol. I'm reminded of a movie quote.

"Except when Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the Pirates don't eat the tourists."