average ct player

Site Suggestion Dump

I was just trying to suggest we do something month round to incentivize people to donate whenever they feel like instead of people like me who aren’t point rich and really just wait until double point weekends to make it worth it. I will continue to donate like I am but as it sits I can’t really justify it month round. As for the suppoint toons fueling points for us that is true for someone like me but not everyone has the same amount of suppoints I have and it’s unrealistic to count that as a source of point income. I have trouble enough selling them to people they offer very low and just say “it’s only $5” but really that’s kind of a big deal lol . Not wanting this to be a pay to win structure but some other options could be looked at like stoned suggested or whatever you guys come up with I do appreciate everything we already receive like I’ve said just trying to get the monthly donations up ! 

39 minutes ago, Wizkhalifa said:

I was just trying to suggest we do something month round to incentivize people to donate whenever they feel like instead of people like me who aren’t point rich and really just wait until double point weekends to make it worth it. I will continue to donate like I am but as it sits I can’t really justify it month round. As for the suppoint toons fueling points for us that is true for someone like me but not everyone has the same amount of suppoints I have and it’s unrealistic to count that as a source of point income. I have trouble enough selling them to people they offer very low and just say “it’s only $5” but really that’s kind of a big deal lol . Not wanting this to be a pay to win structure but some other options could be looked at like stoned suggested or whatever you guys come up with I do appreciate everything we already receive like I’ve said just trying to get the monthly donations up ! 

Sadly people lowball everything lately. If they say "it's just 5 dollars" then tell them "okay then you can donate for it. Have a nice day." People who try to take advantage of donators arent nice. If you dont sell to them then they won't get the toon right? So dont sell unless they pay well. Maybe even make a post to suggest suppoint prices.

I agree theres very little allure to donating outside double points so toons suggestion to do changes to suppoints in January will help. 

On 11/18/2018 at 2:38 AM, RollingStoned said:

What might help, in my opinion, is if the donation meter were to read in dollar signs as opposed to percentages. Here is our current donation meter:

" We're on our way to our monthly donation goal!
33%33% "

I don't know what the monthly donation goal is, nor do I know how far we are from it in dollars. Also, as a seasoned CT user, I have no clue what it means to the site to achieve 100% of the goal. No one donates to CT in percentages of the donation goal. If the donation meter read in dollars rather than percentages, more users might donate to achieve that goal (if the goal were clearly defined).

When I looked at the monthly donation goal today, I found it to read 48% in contrast with the 33% reading just two days ago. That's a big jump! What might be the cause?

Let me check my inbox...

I'm no CT-scientist, but I think the "Double points weekend is almost over!" PM to everyone might have made a difference. It's clear, even without concrete data at hand, that double -points times may play a part in this site's financial growth. As far as I'm aware, double-points times do only just that: double the points one would receive for donating as opposed to non-double-points times. If CT gave an incentive to players for donating outside of double- (or triple-) points times, that would likely increase donation cash.

If I were an active player with disposable income, I'd never donate unless it fell on a double-points time. There's practically no reason to because double-points times fall at expected intervals.

We may do a 1.5x suppoints month round, except during dbl points weekends, where it would be the standard 1x. This would be a give and take, whereas 1 point type is increased during an interval, while another is swapped in during the 2nd interval. Donations aren't for pure chewing satisfaction, they are keeping this place going. Without them, we can't stay up. And if we want to see new developments, things are gonna have to get to where they were awhile ago. I can make tweaks, but not full areas or revamps

4 hours ago, The Grand Poobah said:

We may do a 1.5x suppoints month round, except during dbl points weekends, where it would be the standard 1x. This would be a give and take, whereas 1 point type is increased during an interval, while another is swapped in during the 2nd interval. Donations aren't for pure chewing satisfaction, they are keeping this place going. Without them, we can't stay up. And if we want to see new developments, things are gonna have to get to where they were awhile ago. I can make tweaks, but not full areas or revamps

I think the point the other dudes are making is that no one donates to help the site. just for perks. Few do. But not all. Think back to a few years ago with the old mod team. Donations were so low that getting to 100% only ever happened when you did a ooak contest. Donation contests were rare and few, only ever done during the holidays and ct rarely ever broke 50%. There were also times when big donators also would DEMAND stuff to donate big again. 

People are greedy. Cannot escape that. Radix malorum est Cupiditas--Greed is the root of all evil.

2 hours ago, Xavianangel said:

I think the point the other dudes are making is that no one donates to help the site. just for perks. Few do. But not all. Think back to a few years ago with the old mod team. Donations were so low that getting to 100% only ever happened when you did a ooak contest. Donation contests were rare and few, only ever done during the holidays and ct rarely ever broke 50%. There were also times when big donators also would DEMAND stuff to donate big again. 

People are greedy. Cannot escape that. Radix malorum est Cupiditas--Greed is the root of all evil.

Well with such few people donating it seems like getting others on board is still the goal. I wouldn’t really call it greed because you can literally play this game no donating and succeed very easily so asking a few things from you guys seems resonable  . Now for people demanding stuff that’s not right at all that is greedy but on the other hand you need people that donate big to keep it afloat unless we get more members or the current members start donating simple as that . I would like to see us get and influx of new members somehow rather than the few players we have trying to come up with $1000 a month. 

14 minutes ago, Wizkhalifa said:

Well with such few people donating it seems like getting others on board is still the goal. I wouldn’t really call it greed because you can literally play this game no donating and succeed very easily so asking a few things from you guys seems resonable  . Now for people demanding stuff that’s not right at all that is greedy but on the other hand you need people that donate big to keep it afloat unless we get more members or the current members start donating simple as that . I would like to see us get and influx of new members somehow rather than the few players we have trying to come up with $1000 a month. 

But we do offer more. These plaques you get fir donating 5 or 10 I added in for those that always donate. The monthly contests I added in so the bigger donators got stuff.

The suppoints we did so you get more for donating every month since premium can be endless.

But people always want more and more and more. We just added suppoints and already people want something more. It's not like we can continue to add more to premium. Not unless we wanna break the game and make it even more impossible for non-donators to catch up.

32 minutes ago, Xavianangel said:

But we do offer more. These plaques you get fir donating 5 or 10 I added in for those that always donate. The monthly contests I added in so the bigger donators got stuff.

The suppoints we did so you get more for donating every month since premium can be endless.

But people always want more and more and more. We just added suppoints and already people want something more. It's not like we can continue to add more to premium. Not unless we wanna break the game and make it even more impossible for non-donators to catch up.

Still not asking to add anything more simply giving some incentive for people to donate during non double point weekends.   You guys I’m sure are working on something so I’ll leave it to you guys.