average ct player

Site Suggestion Dump

If you have a general site suggestion for CollecToons, please post it in this thread. If you have multiple suggestions, post your first one and then post your second/third/x/y suggestions later on in separate different posts in this thread. Only keep 1 suggestion in 1 post. If nobody's posted after an hour, you can double-post without penalty.

If you see a suggestion that you like this thread, I highly encourage you to Like the post. 

An announcement/advertisement page on CT - Players spend around 5,000 points to create an advertisement that can be used to promote wishlist, sell a ctoon, tell others your store is updated, promote a contest, etc.

(Ad's needed to be approved by a GM before being posted).

Possibly limited to 140 characters.

Cheaper shop upgrades now shops are so large alongside with the site keeping your upgrades if you ever lose premium (simple deactivating of the shop but the DB keeping your shop info)

I suggest making toons stack in user shops.

Can you make user shop toons stack like they do in the shopping plaza? I have multiple copies of a lot of toons I sell in my shop. So It'll save space and allow us to add a variety of other toons in our shops where a copy would have otherwise held its place.

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Can you make user shop toons stack like they do in the shopping plaza? I have multiple copies of a lot of toons I sell in my shop. So It'll save space and allow us to add a variety of other toons in our shops where a copy would have otherwise held its place.

This would be amazing, alongside being able to price multiple copies at the sametime

I suggest a "Next" button in auctions. When you have a bunch of auctions ending around the same time it'll make things so much easier to switch to the next ending auction.

Reinstate the Voting Booth. :)

Random Point Jackpots in shops -  only a few released per week where randomely in shops you will find points  and you click Buy to get them. Jackpot totals can vary from 1000-50000 points or however you wish and should only appear rarely. Any other variation of this idea or StarSaphire's Random Event idea would be nice imho.

A  page in game(or perhaps being able to post a link on your cworld) dedicated to wishlists posted on the forum:

Meaning, A user can post the link to his or her wishlist on that page. That way, when someone posts on the trade board "looking for something from my wishlist" a user can then easily go to the wishlist page, find the user and click the link to their wishlist to the forums.

Probably really hard if not impossible is there anyway to implement notifications like we have on the new forum (a notification pops up on your webpage botton right in real time)

USERNAME has replied in TOPIC

These would be for Trade Offers, Auction Outbids, Messages and so on

2 hours ago, Katniss Everdeen said:

Probably really hard if not impossible is there anyway to implement notifications like we have on the new forum (a notification pops up on your webpage botton right in real time)

Real time notifications? Not hard at all. Could even throw in a sound. 

What if we sort of had our own cheap fighting game for our toons. I know they make a lot of cheap fighting games like that for tons of tons of shows. I cant remember what they are called Mugen or something. We could technically use one of those game creators, throw in a bunch of character sprites that we like to start off with assuming we can find good ones and see how it goes. It could just be and arcade game to start with and see what we can do with it.

There's no way we could create a Gtoon game, is there? I realize Card Clash was that, but I miss Gtoons. 

9 hours ago, BeardedBear said:

There's no way we could create a Gtoon game, is there? I realize Card Clash was that, but I miss Gtoons. 

Lol we all do but Card Clash is a good clone

10 hours ago, BeardedBear said:

Oh gtoons how i miss you

Is it no longer working? 

Would it be at all possible to have the number of times we played a game in a single day displayed outside the game page itself, i.e. on the page that lists the games under the specific categories? It would save me a ton of time if I didn't have to keep opening up to each game page to see if I played a game six times that day or fewer.

Like for Sports, if I played these games this many times it would display it on this page: http://www.collectoons.com/arcade/showgame/8

Aggressive Alpine Skiing: 3  Finger Footy: 5  Karate Challenge: 6

Kick Ball: 6    Mini Putt III: 4             Pool Jam: 2

Ultimate Football: 0

Instead of having to go to each of these seven individual game pages to see how many times I played these games that day.

We should have a Throwback Thursday feature where Orbit exclusives, such as toons, backgrounds, or parts of orbit  are released. 

17 minutes ago, BeardedBear said:

We should have a Throwback Thursday feature where Orbit exclusives, such as toons, backgrounds, or parts of orbit  are released. 

I like the idea homie. Some gold clash cards, maybe a time limited arcade pinball game where you win collectables, but idk about every thursday. 

Sounds good!

On 11/3/2015, 3:36:43, Katniss Everdeen said:

Cheaper shop upgrades now shops are so large alongside with the site keeping your upgrades if you ever lose premium (simple deactivating of the shop but the DB keeping your shop info)

@The Grand Poobah, thoughts on this?

On 11/4/2015, 10:46:28, Katniss Everdeen said:

Added a very basic version of this. Site now notifies you when you've received an ingame message. More types of notifications (offers/auctions/etc.) down the road.

On 11/3/2015, 3:46:50, Paul said:

Adding soon: cToons that are the same and have the same price will now stack on each other and display a quantity number. This won't, however, save actual shop space. You'll be limited by your shop level's quantity cap.

I don't know if this is a practical suggestion, but is there a way to add an advanced search feature to the mall section? Or even just expand to be able to search by set name as well? I don't know if it would worth adding to the Trade Board & Auctions since those are a much smaller pool of toons. Probably just me who thinks like this lol.

15 minutes ago, sciencefriction said:

I don't know if this is a practical suggestion, but is there a way to add an advanced search feature to the mall section? Or even just expand to be able to search by set name as well? I don't know if it would worth adding to the Trade Board & Auctions since those are a much smaller pool of toons. Probably just me who thinks like this lol.

A bunch of people have asked about this sort of thing, and I think a lot of people agree on it. Nice thinking in bringing it up :)

Concerning the lottery, my suggestion is to increase the cost of lottery tickets, the point prizes, and the average jackpot amount (or significantly decrease the chances of winning it, whichever works). Lottery ticket prices have not changed at all since 2009, but it seems everything else has. We now get 10k a day from surfing and another 10k a day just for logging in, but the jackpots are mostly 100-400k. When the lottery began, we only got 3500 points combined from logging in and surfing, yet jackpots often went into the millions. The chance at winning 1000, 1500, or 2000 points with one ticket was cool back then, but now it means less than ever. The problem, of course, is that the numbers just haven't kept up with inflation. Jackpots increase far too slowly, the payout is too small, and the other prizes are less than what we would make for simply logging in.

I suggested something like this a few months ago, but it got little feedback.

Seasonal Event!

As a newbie on this game, I always lacked focus on what to collect. What is my goal? What is my objective in this game? "So I just collect toons that I like?". One example of when the CT community has focus is when an AO is released. This usually causes (or used to cause) majority of players to abandon their wishlists temporarily and focus on raising points to win an AO in auctions. The underlying point I'm trying to make is that it is fun, as a player, to have a short term goal or a focus that requires immediate attention and encourages you to change your style of play.

I've thought of one such idea.

An expired toon (already in game) is announced at the start of a week. At the end of the week, players who own at least 1 copy of that toon receive the prize which could be a few different things depending on what is desirable and feasible;

- A gold version of the toon that you had to own.

- A plaque (if this is done in December it could be a Christmas plaque, near Easter for an Easter plaque etc).

- A point reward (50000).

- Extra turn(s) on the time machine.

- No personal limit on CR's (you can still buy a CR from shops when you own 2 or more) and VR's (you can still buy a VR from shops when you own 10 or more) for one weekend.

- Early copies of one of the following month's CTF code toons (as was done with Golden Bubbles).

- An extra PO at the end of the month for Premium Members.

- Extra Arcade tickets.

The idea is that players that don't own a copy of the toon will have one week to trade and buy for one to ensure they get the prize/reward.

This is something that could be done once a month or seasonally (like AO's). The toon that must be collected would preferably have a sufficient number of copies in game (e.g. Mufasa and Simba).  This would create interesting stimulants to the market. The demand for the chosen toon would sky-rocket for the week then potentially crash or gradually come down after the week is over which would re-distribute points. It would re-distribute copies of a toon and encourage members to relinquish hold of any doubles they possess. Rather than choosing a toon from a popular set such as DBZ/Pokemon, this would provide some refreshing "chase" and trading of unpopular toons that are otherwise undesirable.

The only potential issue I see is that this sort of "contest" could result in 100s of winners and mods may not like that. What could be done is that to claim the reward, you would also need to (for the sake of example) play a game of Smackdown and screenshot it or get a top 10 score in an arcade game and screenshot it to post in allocated topic on the forums. This would definitely reduce the number of winners and encourage more players to use the forums.